• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

quick ht1250 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxbryantd

Im trying to program the p1 button to switch between repeater/talkaround but for some reason when pressed the icon never appears for talk around around and it just makes a beeping noise like its not even programmed, but if I read the radio again it shows the button programmed.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Im trying to program the p1 button to switch between repeater/talkaround but for some reason when pressed the icon never appears for talk around around and it just makes a beeping noise like its not even programmed, but if I read the radio again it shows the button programmed.
Hopefully you've also got a button programmed to Toggle System Scan On/Off. Turn scan off, and the T/A toggle should be OK.

xxbryantd

I have mutiple buttons like scan on/off and monitor, voice play etc. Just toggle repeater/talk around dont seem to work.

SCPD

QRT
Have you tried pressing the button above p3 first then trying to press p1? Sort of like a button for menu select I forget off head but in the cps it has 2 options for the keys on front, short press option and long press which depending on what was picked may make another option inoperable.

Try pressing the usually default unless changed button above p3 for select menu then press p1 see if that toggles the TA on and off, might need to press the menu select again after p1 to basically confirm i dont recall.

Keep in mind also you would need to have your conventional personalities setup to do talk around. In past we always just made a actual channel for talk around over a switch or press. Seems users in some areas have better luck seeing channel 2 as talk around over remembering a switch or function. Both to me are handy however depending on what application is needed.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I have mutiple buttons like scan on/off and monitor, voice play etc. Just toggle repeater/talk around dont seem to work.
Is the personality set up for Talkaround? Tx and Rx frequencies must be different AND on the Options tab, the Talkaround box has to be checked.

Edit to add: Controls & Menus --> Top Level Menu --> The Repeater/Talkaround box must be checked.

I then repeat my advice in my first response: Shut off Scan before toggling T/A.

xxbryantd

Found my issue. Had to go to options under each channel and enable Talkaround for that channel. Now the button is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.