quick key number and "SO:---------" on display

Status
Not open for further replies.

eahuntley

quick key number and "SO:---------" on display on BCD396t

Let me apologize before hand if this has been covered somewhere in this forum. I searched for it and didn't find anything, but I could have missed it.

OK, so I'm pretty sure the line of text on my display that reads: "SO:----------" right above the line of text reading: "GRP:----------" (which I already know tells which group # the talk group ID is saved in) Has some sort of relation to the Quick Key Number, but that's about as much as I can figure out. Too bad the manual doesn't have a picture of the display and point out each feature. Can anyone explain this to me?

Sorry, I have the BCD396t

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
If you have a quickkey enabled, it's number shows up on the SO list. If you have a group enabled within that quickkey, it's number shows up on the GRP line.

n2mdk

The S0: . . . . . . . . . . shows which system quick key is active If lets say SQK 1, 2, 4, and 8 were active the display would show S0: 1 2 . 4 . . . 8 . . The 0 denoted the first 10, it SQK 12 as active it would show S1: . 2 . . . . . . . . etc. If there are keys assigned for unactivated numbers then an x will show up rather than a .

Not sure which radio you have but this explains it for the Br330T/BCD396T http://myweb.cableone.net/marksscanners/330/330test.html#display

Last edited:

eahuntley

n2mdk said:
The S0: . . . . . . . . . . shows which system quick key is active If lets say SQK 1, 2, 4, and 8 were active the display would show S0: 1 2 . 4 . . . 8 . . The 0 denoted the first 10, it SQK 12 as active it would show S1: . 2 . . . . . . . . etc. If there are keys assigned for unactivated numbers then an x will show up rather than a .

Not sure which radio you have but this explains it for the Br330T/BCD396T http://myweb.cableone.net/marksscanners/330/330test.html#display

Sorry, I forgot I Wasn't in a radio specific forum. I have the BCD396t
So, what does it mean when a quick key is active? Right now I've got a few quick keys set up, so it reads "S0:12-45-----" and the 1 is blinking. However, if I push the number 1 it then reads: "S0:*2-45-----" is this just a quick way of taking these systems out of the search list?

(Sorry, I just remembered you posted a link that might explain all of this..)

n2mdk

Yes it blinks when that system is being scanned, simply hitting the corresponding number key of the keypad toggles the systems on and off.
Holding the Func key and hitting a number turns the Group Quick Key on and off, make sure when doing groups your in the correct system for the GQK you want to select.

Last edited:

n4yek

I know this is the wrong way to state this, But think of the 'old' way scanner BANKS were. All those numbers are telling you is which bank is active and which is not. When a number is blinking, it is scanning that bank.
But they are actually called systems now, not banks. But the principle of my explanation is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.