Quick key question

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb3j

I just setup new systems using arcxt software & downloaded into my 996xt scanner. I don't have any QK set as #2, however the scanner is displaying the number 2 in the display as if QK 2 was being used. When I try to turn #2 off, I get the three beeps from the radio. If I turn off all other QK's, the 2 remains lit & I get "nothing to scan".

Since there is no #2 QK programmed, shouldn't the 2 be a "-" indicating it's not being used? The software shows no QK2 in the QK overview page either.

Ideas?

Jim
wb3j

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Do you have anything in QKS 12, 22 ,32 etc. ? Look to the left of the display at the S1 or S2 or S3.

wb3j

line 1 shows s0:123456---0

QK's not used for this programming are 2,7,8,9.

Jim

wb3j

In one of the trunking systems I do have QK2 set for a site....but shouldn't I be able to disabled that?

wb3j

I have 1 trunking system programmed.....it is QK1. In this system, I have several sites, numbered 1,2,3,4,5. I don't have a QK for any system assigned to QK2, yet it is still showing up. When I try to turn it off, the scanner beeps three times and the @2 stay lit.

So....I have no idea why...

Jim

ve1sef

Have to give this more thought, never hear of this before.
Your right, if nothing is assigned to QK2 is shouldn't be there.
Only other place I'd check would the both the service search or custom search
to see if any of those have been accidently assigned to a quick key.
Perhaps UPman has an idea.

Last edited:

wb3j

Disable all qkeys but #2 and then you should see what is assigned to QK2.

Gommert
Butel Software

When I disable all Qkeys, I get the message "nothing to scan", even though the #2 is still lit. When I try to turn off #2, the scanner beeps 3x. In the Qkey overview in the software, Qkey #2 is unassigned.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Quick Keys

Disable all qkeys but #2 and then you should see what is assigned to QK2.

Gommert
Butel Software

I had this happen on my 996T with a FATHOM Quick KEY showing up when nothing was assigned to it. I put a system on that Key and then moved it. For some reason, the scanner then showed BOTH KEYS active. Finally, I assigned the Sytem to another key and attempted to disable the FATHOM Key and it went away.

KC9LVX Evansville. In Feed

sjlamb

Don't try to finger it out by looking at the scanner. Use your ARC program to download the ENTIRE scanner memory to your PC so you can actually see everything that is programmed at a glance.

Then.... look at EVERY system and site to see which are locked out and assigned Quick Key 2.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It is remotely possible that "bad software behavior" has somehow written an incorrect index to the scanner, making that appear when it shouldn't. Since you created these using software, I would 2-9-HOLD the scanner to clear everything, then rewrite to the scanner and see if that clears it. If it doesn't then zip the files up and post them to a message so others can look at the setup...

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
I have the same problem on my 996xt. Multiple QKeys that are on, that I can't turn off and are not associated with any system. Checked it with Butel as well.

I even use the F scroll feature, there is nothing there.

Very odd.

Firmware 1.03.02

Status
Not open for further replies.