Quick Key Status File Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikea7531

Feed Provider
A question for the group, but does anyone know what file on the Uniden BCDx36HP the Quick Key Status for Favorites/Systems/Departments are saved in? I tried looking in some of the files on there, and didn't see them. Not sure if this file would be user-readable. Thanks!

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
They are stored in the Profile file. They are the bottom line which starts off with "QuickKeys". The first one is the "0" Favorites List Quick Key and On means the default status is on and Off means off.

You can locate your Profile file using your Windows Explorer. Depending how you configured your file storage location, it could be c:\users\<yourname>\documents\uniden\BCDx36HP\profile. (If you have more than one profile, you'll see several profile folders).

The Profile.cfg file can be opened with any text editor such as Notepad. I'd caution against changing and saving things this way as a problem could be created. But if you are just looking, that's where the Favorites List Quick Key status is stored.

The System/Department Quick Key status is store in the given Favorites List file. Those files can also be opened with a text editor and are named "f_xxxx.hpd".

Department Quick Keys have their own line called "DQKs_Status, again starting with 0 in the System area.

I'm not sure about System and Sites, though I suspect they are in their respective lines for System or Site information.

Again same caution is advised: look but don't touch.

To look at which Favorites List file has which "hpd" number, you have to look at the "f_list.cfg" file.

Status
Not open for further replies.