Quick Keys - BCD396T vs BCD396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

orgullodemexico

Premium Subscriber
I wasn't sure which forum was appropriate for my question. My programming software is ProScan

I am transitioning from 396T to 396XT. While I do own other radios, the 396T/396XT is a nice radio to jam in the pocket for on the go scanning.

One change I noticed in programming - please help me understand why - I was able to assign quick keys to SYSTEMS for the 396T and now SITES are assigned quick keys for the 396XT

Here is what I am trying to accomplish. I monitor a state wide, P25 simulcast trunking system. My personal travels takes me 120 miles through the state and through 7 or 8 SITES that broadcast a particular agency I wish to monitor. Without the use of a GPS, is there a proper way to set up the radio so that I can receive broadcast as I leave coverage of one site and enter coverage of another site? The groups I monitor would be identical for all SITES.

Thank You and Happy Holidays

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
One change I noticed in programming - please help me understand why - I was able to assign quick keys to SYSTEMS for the 396T and now SITES are assigned quick keys for the 396XT
That's because the BCD396T is a "single site" scanner which means one site per trunking system. So there was no need for Uniden to put any site specific options at the site level. As you know, the BCD396XT can handle multiple sites per system and each site can have site specific options.

Status
Not open for further replies.