Quick Look

Status
Not open for further replies.

CQ

Finally had a chance to open the package and some physical shots I've seen people ask for.

Box-Front.jpg

Box-Side.jpg

Front-Angle.jpg

Front.jpg

Top.jpg

Lef-Side.jpg

Right-Side.jpg

Bottom.jpg

Rear.jpg

CQ

Some initial hits on UHF in the short period I played with it while manually configuring all settings and using the shipping database with the stock antenna.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Generic 8GB MicroSD HC Class 10/UHS 1 (7.27 GB free)
Shipped Versions:
Main: 1.06.25
Sub: 1.0.1.10
db: 07/15/2018​

N8TXX

Scanner Enthusiast
Seems strange these new radios are shipped with such an old database 07/15/2018. Not a big deal, just wondering?

CQ

I believe the other shipping models had similar old databases. Probably what the latest was during the initial production run and more trouble to update the process.

N8TXX

Scanner Enthusiast
I believe the other shipping models had similar old databases. Probably what the latest was during the initial production run and more trouble to update the process.
You think these SDS200's were built back in July!

CQ

A shot of the Ethernet and Micro USB cable plugged in simultaneously. Unless you have thin fingers and long finger nails, you may have an issue removing the LAN cable without a "tool." They should have reversed it since it would be easier to remove the Micro USB cable first and then the LAN cable. Either one is not optimal.
Cables.jpg

phask

Premium Subscriber
The 536 had a several-year-old DB for a few years, the SDS100 was also several months old. For most knowledgeable users it's no issue as the first thing should be to update DB and FW.

ColdnFrosty

The 536 had a several-year-old DB for a few years, the SDS100 was also several months old. For most knowledgeable users it's no issue as the first thing should be to update DB and FW.

Hmm .. why does my DB version show 09/24/2013??

CQ

Did you update the master database? I don't bother updating mine often...did mine to prep for SDS200.

1549824560254.png

ColdnFrosty

At the bottom of the Sentinel window:

"Database Version : 09/24/2013 Target Model : SDS200"

I figured it out. I was using a different account on my laptop and a database from way back when could not be accessed from the new account, so it could not rebuild. It is now showing 02/03/2019.

Houdini7

Premium Subscriber
That’s the one that I have been using since Sunday.
No issues thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.