Quick question BCT15

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1mri

I deleted a frequency I no longer wanted to monitor in a conventional system but it's still scans. I double checked that system/group and it's not there, but it still scans. I turned the radio off and on and it's still there. How is this possible? Is this weird or a 'bug' in the scanner? Any thoughts?

Thank you.

k1mri

You have a scanner that programs itself. :confused:

I don't know. I just re-checked and I checked all the other systems too. Not anywhere to be found but when I scan, that channel is there.

Not a big deal as I can delete that system and put it back with FREESCAN.

R1VINCE

AHHH-FreeScan--
Im goin out on a limb here, but heres my guess......

when you uploaded your database to the scanner via freescan, im willing to bet that your freescan is set to "Add only, do not overwrite". If it is set to this, that means every single time you upload to your scanner, it uploads your entire database without erasing any of what you had stored in the first place. So if you made several changes, then you have that channel, and every other channel you have programmed, in your scanner several times over. you need to change the setting to "Replace" or "Erase". That way, when you upload to your radio, it will either erase everything first and reload your upload once, or it will merely replace any system with the same info and add only what is different from the last time you upload.

I made this mistake as well when i first got my radio and was like--WTF?

k1mri

AHHH-FreeScan--
Im goin out on a limb here, but heres my guess......

when you uploaded your database to the scanner via freescan, im willing to bet that your freescan is set to "Add only, do not overwrite". If it is set to this, that means every single time you upload to your scanner, it uploads your entire database without erasing any of what you had stored in the first place. So if you made several changes, then you have that channel, and every other channel you have programmed, in your scanner several times over. you need to change the setting to "Replace" or "Erase". That way, when you upload to your radio, it will either erase everything first and reload your upload once, or it will merely replace any system with the same info and add only what is different from the last time you upload.

I made this mistake as well when i first got my radio and was like--WTF?

BINGO! That's EXACTLY what I did. I just now deleted the entire system, groups and re-uploaded it. A real Newbie mistake as I only had this radio for a week.

Thanks to all who replied.

Status
Not open for further replies.