Quick question on pro-106

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have finally figured out how to program a normal p25 system in scanlist 1 (LWIN chase site in Franklin Parish, La). When I program another LWIN SITE in scanlist 2 the info winds up in both scanlists 1and 2. I am almost positive I am programing scanlist 2 correctly. ANY IDEAS

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
What software are you using? Are you downloading the entire profile, adding the new scanlist, then sending the entire profile back? I believe that's how these scanners work.....Mike

I hit: pgm
F1 new
F1 tgrp
Scanlist 1with Asterix
Sel
Right arrow to scanlist 2
Sel. Puts Asterix on scanlist 2
Down to toys
P25 auto
Scanlist tag. RIGHT ARROW TO END OF NAME
Func then cl
Pgm name
Done
Down to freq option
Sel
Sel
1st freq
Ent
Down to 2nd freq
Sel
Enter 2nd freq
Ent
Continue with all cc and ac
Ent
Save
Down to ID ent id number
Down to tag
Sel
Put in tag
Ent
Save
Tgrp
Sel
Right arrow to scanlist
Sel
Continue until all IDs and tags are entered
Save twice
SCAN these are the steps I used for scanlist 2, but scanlist 1 and 2 end up with the same info ???

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
You have to turn asterisk off in Scan List one , arrow over to two and turn on asterisk in order to keep same system from being in both

As per post 7 I hit sel, right arrow to scanlist 2 and hit sel. Then I continue programing. When I hit manual, trunk system and then analyze the freqs from list 2 end up in both list 1 and 2. Any suggestions.

jdifabio

Premium Subscriber
Hello, check your software, the one I use defaults to scant list 1, you just have to un-check for building additional scan lists. Good luck, Joe

No computer, so no software. I am taking baby steps on learning how to program manually. I can program a wildcard and a normal system, but like I said when I program in another scanlist it winds up in scanlist 1.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Step 1 hit pgm
Step 2 Hit F1 (New)
Step 3 Hit F1 again (TGRP)
The very next thing you see is SCAN LIST: *01
You can de-select scanlist 01 by pressing sel (Center of curser button) The * will go away
Then press the right arrow it will change to scanlist 02
Keep pressing the right arrow until you get to the scan list you wish to assign the talkgroup to.
Then hit SEL and the * will appear next to the numbered scanlist list you selected.
The next line should be your TSYS.
If the correct TSYS is displayed then hit the down arrow.
If the TSYS is wrong hit the right arrow until you see the correct TSYS. (LWIN I presume?)
Next hit the down arrow to the ID: line it should say ID: Wildcard
Hit SEL you will see that you can edit WILDCARD
To clear it hit FUNC then CL
Then type in the talkgroup number you want to program
Hit SEL to enter it.
Hit down arrow two times
You will be on the "TAG:" line
Hit SEL to edit it
Hit Func CL to clear off "ID: WILDCARD"
Now type in the tag for the talkgroup. REMEMBER the steps to enter tags... First the letter then the number for example
if you want to type in "A" you will hit 2 then 1. Because 2 is the key for ABC and 1 is the first letter you want to use A. Hit 9 then 3 you get Y because 9 is the key for WXYZ and 3 is the third letter you want to use.

When you finish the tag hit F1 (DONE)
Hit F1 again (SAVE)

Thank you very, very, very much. I have been trying to get this info for a while, but i was greeted kind of harshly by a few. I don't mean to be negative but some post on this site can be not so friendly.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Thank you very, very, very much. I have been trying to get this info for a while, but i was greeted kind of harshly by a few. I don't mean to be negative but some post on this site can be not so friendly.
This is part of why using software to program the scanner is useful; it gives a better visualization of the data. Then scrolling through the scanner's display might make more sense to you.

Last edited:

DJ11DLN

As with any public board, you need to have a bit of a thick skin to participate. Just bear in mind that for every XXX-hole here there are a whole bunch of friendly people who will help you if they can. Glad to hear you got it resolved.

N8IAA

This is part of why using software to program the scanner is useful; it gives a better visualization of the data. Then scrolling through the scanner's display might make more sense to you.

Read post #4. Not everyone has a computer. FIRE321FIGHTER198 doesn't have one and programs by hand.

Oh, there are many here on RR that look down on anyone programming by hand. He has explained this in many of his posts. Thank you 737mech for helping him.

Status
Not open for further replies.