Quick Question-Simple question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefighter28

A buddy of mine loaded my 396XT for me. He loaded 21 Systems onto my scanner problem is banks 1,2,4,5 6 are my primary channels I listen to, and I also want to listen to whats in bank 10 & 14, How can I scan channels 1,2,4,5,6, 10, 14, I can't figure out how to get channel 10 & 14 up. Everytime I try to enter 10 it either loads or unloads ch 1, same if I try to type in 14, either channel 1 or 4 comes up or gets turned off. I know Im over looking something.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
A buddy of mine loaded my 396XT for me. He loaded 21 Systems onto my scanner problem is banks 1,2,4,5 6 are my primary channels I listen to, and I also want to listen to whats in bank 10 & 14, How can I scan channels 1,2,4,5,6, 10, 14, I can't figure out how to get channel 10 & 14 up. Everytime I try to enter 10 it either loads or unloads ch 1, same if I try to type in 14, either channel 1 or 4 comes up or gets turned off. I know Im over looking something.
By "channel", I'm guessing, from your description, that you really mean the "System" (or "Site") quick key "10" & "14".

To turn the quick keys 10->99 on or off, first press the ".No" key (the decimal point), then the number you wish to toggle on or off.
So, to turn "14" on (if it''s off) or off if it's already on, you'd press (without the quotes, of course) "." +"1"+"4".
See this for more.

Firefighter28

Thanks, I couldn't remember what button to hit before the number. Yea the old scanners were banks, these are now Systems... Still getting use to the new scanners and terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.