quick questions about fire...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q-ball

take for instance tonight, event 4,5,6 are active with fires and engine 500 and 400 are on scene...thtats the abingotn area, and then i hear "deputy 21" and" LT. 2"....talking, does deputy 21 mean he is with penn wynne fire co.?...does the number after the title indicate the member station?....and if a responding unit is deemed engine 400, does that mean he is coming from the edge hill fire house?..i know that mickinley, edge hill, weldon, roslyn and abington are are stations that serve abington and cheltenham twps....whats the lingo for fire??? i need to get with it.

scanjunkie

You are correct Q-Ball. In the plain speak world that MontCo lives in, all numbers used after a designator are the station numbers. Deputy 400, would be the Deputy Chief from Edge Hill Station 400 and so on and so on.

Now the Lt. 2 deal could be something else. Some stations have several Lt.'s. That person may have been the #2 Lt. from station 400 for example. Sometimes people shorten the title to save on radio chatter time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.