QUICK questions about Philly Trunked System

Status
Not open for further replies.

wackywaves

Hi. My cousion is in labor in philly, and im planning on rushing out of the door in a few hours here. I'm sitting here at work, thinking - is it bad that i'm worried about programing my scanner with the philly trunked system before i depart?!?! well, either way, my minds made up and im programing as we speak.

Just wanted some clarification on the status of encryption on the system. I was searching the forums and many people have said that encryption is either on the way or being implimented. I wanted to check if that has started to happen yet, or will all the "good" talkgroups be in the clear for this week as i am in town?

Any replys are appreciated, I'm just trying to see if it is worth my trouble and if i am going to get the chance to hear something exciting and interesting (for once...)

Thanks all!

jfriedman

you will be in good shape and you will hear alot. the only encryption in philly is the fireground and a few sensitive police band freqs (such as vice and so forth)

you'll get lots of city-wide traffic,,from the district bands,,
philly is pretty active as far as the police dispatch go's..

if you want to hear the -other- TXs youll need to have your
radio set to -OPEN- mode ..or have your wildcards set
appropriately,,

happy scanning!

HAAA,,im a Moron,,

Cousin in Labor,,i was thinking,,whats the urgency,,a cousin in the union,,as a laborer,,,lol..

also,,what radio do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.