Quick qyestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I have a pro-2096, and i would like to program multiple towers for the MPSCS system. Can i put them all in 1 bank or do they have to be in seperate banks? If they can, what number/freq could i use to seperate all the towers data channels, so the scanner can work properly? Thanks

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Or somewhere where i can read it? I tried looking for previous threads , but couldn't find any

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I have a pro-2096, and i would like to program multiple towers for the MPSCS system. Can i put them all in 1 bank or do they have to be in seperate banks? If they can, what number/freq could i use to seperate all the towers data channels, so the scanner can work properly? Thanks

You can put them in one bank if you like. I use 2 separators between towers, usually 155.370, 155.865, 173.075. I scan 5 different towers using this method with no problems.

Paul

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
ok cool thanks, so it does not matter which freq you put in to seperate the towers, even if their is activity on that freq you use to seperate?

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
I have a PRO-96, & I thought they operated pretty much the same; I monitor 5 different towers & have them all in the same bank in adjacent channels with nothing in between. Am I missing something?

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Yes. That means they won't check all control channels. It will pick just one and stay on it. If you use the trick noted above (I put in the ITAC/ICALL freq's) then it will scan them all.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but after you seperate the towers with a any freq. do you have to lock-out the other control channels or no? Basically what i want to do is have detroit simulcast, macomb simulcast, and monroe simulcast. I just want to make sure this is correct for the setup, I put Control channels for detroit in say bank 1, number 1,2,3 then i would put any freq for instance 154.xxx, then another freq 154.xxx. Then proceed to put Macomb simulcast, then do the same with seperation of freq's, then put in Monroe. After this is done, if this is the correct way, do i have to lock out any of the control channels, or just leave them be and scan away, or should say trunk away?

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but after you seperate the towers with a any freq. do you have to lock-out the other control channels or no? Basically what i want to do is have detroit simulcast, macomb simulcast, and monroe simulcast. I just want to make sure this is correct for the setup, I put Control channels for detroit in say bank 1, number 1,2,3 then i would put any freq for instance 154.xxx, then another freq 154.xxx. Then proceed to put Macomb simulcast, then do the same with seperation of freq's, then put in Monroe. After this is done, if this is the correct way, do i have to lock out any of the control channels, or just leave them be and scan away, or should say trunk away?

You could do this, however your reception of each system will vary. If one tower starts to become too much of a problem you could lock that tower out and still scan the remaining towers programmed in the bank. Keep in mind you won't be able to program all those talkgroups in one bank on that scanner. You will either have to scan in open mode or choose wisely what you want to hear.

Personally I would put the simulcast towers in their own bank and only use that bank when I am well inside their system range, otherwise you may get a whole lotta beepin, bonking and crashing.

Also it seems I thought I may have read somewhere that when using the separator trick method you want to use a FM frequency with no PL/DPL programmed. This is the only reason I don't use the ITACS, without the 156.7 PL programmed I would get interference from time to time.

Paul

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
ok cool thanks alot for the help, I think i will just put them in seprate banks. Once again thanks all for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.