SDS100/SDS200: Quick save list - possible to save as detected system?

rlex

Hello! New uniden sds-100 user here. Not from US, so needed to find frequencies by myself. Was quite a trip and i learned alot about trunking systems and stuff.
Anyway. In custom scan, i can discover trunking channel. I want to run analyze and discover against it, so i need it to be saved as trunking system (it even detects type correctly, showing it's DMRT3), however, when i hit "save" i get it saved as conventional, meaning it won't appear in trunking discovery / LCN finder / etc. Is it by design or i'm missing something? Of course i can memorize it and enter it manually, and it works, but it's not as convenient as going scan -> save -> discover.

Firmware is up-to-date, just in case.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello! New uniden sds-100 user here. Not from US, so needed to find frequencies by myself. Was quite a trip and i learned alot about trunking systems and stuff.
Anyway. In custom scan, i can discover trunking channel. I want to run analyze and discover against it, so i need it to be saved as trunking system (it even detects type correctly, showing it's DMRT3), however, when i hit "save" i get it saved as conventional, meaning it won't appear in trunking discovery / LCN finder / etc. Is it by design or i'm missing something? Of course i can memorize it and enter it manually, and it works, but it's not as convenient as going scan -> save -> discover.

Firmware is up-to-date, just in case.
Unfortunately, you cannot directly save a frequency found via a search into a trunked system. I'd suggest saving them, even though via a conventional mode. You can funnel them into a single Favorites list, then, using the editor, harvest those saved conventional frequencies then cut & paste them into a trunked system. If you run the search as a range of frequencies in a Discovery session, you do have the option for it to auto-save frequencies that are found. (That option can be set when creating the Discovery session.)