Quick Tecsun PL880 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haley

Am I right to assume that this radio uses a Li-ion battery pack? Or are they AA sized (or AAA) Li ? Last question, there is no way to use alkaline (or Nimh) batteries correct? I am considering buying one of these, BUT I like the option of either or ,when there is no AC. Thanks Mike

kc2kth

I think you are correct that this is some proprietary or at least not widely used in the US type cell. Looking at one of the preferred vendors on eBay selling these several include two of these batteries so you have an extra.

Haley

kc2kth, thank you for the reply, I have looked all over and never saw mention of anything except the battery packs. I like the idea of all the filters to play with, but I just don't like being tied to recharging only. It looks like a great radio, just can't get past the battery. Thank you again, Mike

SCPD

QRT
Haley, it uses an 18650, 3.7 volt battery. They are available at walmart, radio shack, battery plus which also has a recharger. You can also buy an ac adapter, Kaito AD 800 for about 15 bucks and a car adapter as well, hope this helps.

Haley

cronst10, Thanks for that information, just might sway me back the 880. The car adaptor is nice to know about. I like the filters on my 380, but no SSB. It would be to replace my 17 year old 398, it still works, just get a bit nervous on the age. Thanks again, Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.