Quick thoughts on my new TRX-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

daggit

First of all not really "new" got it refurbished and also got a Vets discount but looks and acts new. I listen to mostly non Trunking stations for now and was very disappointed in the reception until I put the ATT to G or off. Made a HUGE difference. I haven't used it for Trunking yet so I can't comment on that type of performance. The Ez-Scan software actually isn't that bad, just a small learning curve. Question I have is I'm using the stock antenna, many people say it does a good job but wondering if I can do anything in settings or possibly using another antenna to get better reception on my non Trunking stations. I have many of my setting set to auto and squelch set to search. Any advice would be appreciated.

rayvelcoro

Question: " ... until I put the ATT to G or off." What do you mean by this? Did you turn the attenuator off? Also, how far away are the non-trunking stations you are listening to? Are they repeaters?

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
If you're using attenuation with the stock antenna DO NOT upgrade just yet, it will only get worst for what you're currently scanning. Turn on Attenuation for those frequencies you're scanning via ezscan, then when you get trucking stuff programmed, see how it plays with the stock
antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.