ARC536: QuickKeys Status on Dept Level

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikea7531

Feed Provider
Question for the group -

Is there a way in the ARC536 to set a quick key status on a department level upon programming? I notice you can do it on the system level under 'Edit Fav Data' when you go to upload your programming, but nothing for Department Level unless i'm missing something.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to set the status on departments quickly after programming? There's a bunch of departments I'd like to set the QK status as Off/Disabled as they're channels that I only want to listen to if there's a large incident and such. As it stands now, after each time I update the programming for one of my favorites, I have to manually go through the scanner and type in each dept I want to set to off/disabled (1.1.90, 1.1.91, 1.2.90, 1.2.91, 1.3.85, etc). I'd prefer not to set an 'avoid status' as then I'd have to dig through the menu to re-enable a dept.

Thanks!

Mike

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
This is a situation where one piece of software may do one thing better than another. ARC is good if you want to re-organize your Department Quick Keys with dragging and dropping. However I can't find a feature to set Department Quick Key status like I find in Sentinel.

So I end up using both programs to polish up my Favorites Lists. Unfortunately I have to make changes with "A" then do a write to the scanner, then use "B" to do a read and make further changes.

mikea7531

Feed Provider
dave3825 & ofd8001 - Thank you for this info. I was able to find it in the Sentinel software.

I like using the ARC536 for the creation and editing of my favorites, i think the interface is very clean, and easy to use. If ARC536 doesn't have the ability to set quick key status on a department level, hopefully they can add it to a future update.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I was able to get the Quick Key (for what system I want to hear) to work but when you have like 5 sites there is no section to deselect which one not to scan. It looks like they are working on it. I'll wait for the update saved me from making a page for this.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I was able to get the Quick Key (for what system I want to hear) to work but when you have like 5 sites there is no section to deselect which one not to scan.

You can set quick keys for sites also as long as you have not used "all" the quick keys available for depts. So if you only set 20 dept quick keys, that leaves 80 more. You could set those 5 sites up with like quick keys 80 thru 85 and be able to turn them on and off at will. In Sentinel, when you go into the sites tab, then options for the site, you can set qk there. You can also do it via the scanner under menu, manage favorites, then navigating to the sites for that system.

I have a system that has only 20 depts with quick keys. and it has 2 sites. I set qk 30 and 31 on those sites so I can turn off the one that does not come in from my home location.

When I do my editing, I label everything with the qk number. Like.
50 "fav list name"
2 "system name"
5 "Dept name"
31 "Site name".

So when I look at my 436, the fav list, system, dept and site all have the qk number on the display.

Last edited:

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
I was able to get the Quick Key (for what system I want to hear) to work but when you have like 5 sites there is no section to deselect which one not to scan. It looks like they are working on it. I'll wait for the update saved me from making a page for this.

In the upload window double click the fav. file you want to edit. Now you can enable/disable quickkeys.

Gommert
Butel Software

Status
Not open for further replies.