• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Quik-Call II Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

W3AWF

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to set up Quik-Call II in an HT1250 and I am having a hard time with it. I am trying to set it up that the audio is muted until our fire tones are transmitted at which point it will unmute or beep if that is an option. I set the tones up in CPS however on the channel the dispatch audio is still coming through even though the tones were not activated.

If anyone could shed some light on this issue and let me know what I am doing wrong I would greatly appreciate it!

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I am trying to set up Quik-Call II in an HT1250 and I am having a hard time with it. I am trying to set it up that the audio is muted until our fire tones are transmitted at which point it will unmute or beep if that is an option. I set the tones up in CPS however on the channel the dispatch audio is still coming through even though the tones were not activated.

If anyone could shed some light on this issue and let me know what I am doing wrong I would greatly appreciate it!
I believe I've posted this info previously, and it is a portion of my Pro Series Programming Notes which I've made available, too.

Here's what you need:

QUIK CALL II DECODING

Signaling ► Quik-Call II System ► Add or create a QCII system
Basic Tab: Call Format should match the tones of your system
Call Alert/Sel Call Tab ► Call Alert Type: Call Alert w/Voice
Call Alert/Sel Call Tab ► Call Alert LED: Optional
Call Alert/Sel Call Tab ► Alert Tone Auto Reset: Unchecked
Call Alert/Sel Call Tab ► Call Alert LED:
Auto Reset Timer Type to be Auto w/Carrier Override
Individual ID Tones Tab ► Enter your desired tones

Signaling ► Signaling Configuration ► Call Tone Tag Tab ► Sel Call Tone Tag – Here you can optionally change the alert tone that the radio sounds when a Selective Call is received.

Signaling ► Signaling Configuration ► Call Tone Tag Tab ► To be Disabled

Conventional Personality ► Select the personality for QCII ► Signaling Tab ► RX Signaling – use dropdown to select the desired QCII system

For Signaling Squelch choose "And" for the radio to always be silent unless an alert is received matching the QCII setup.

For Signaling Squelch choose "Or" for the radio to monitor all radio traffic and alert when a call is received matching the QCII setup.

Controls & Menus ► Programmable Buttons ► Be sure to define one of the programmable buttons short press to be Monitor. Pressing Monitor after an alert will return the radio to silent alert mode just like the reset button on a pager.

NOTE: If you want to use the radio like a pager (silent until alerted), create an additional Rx only personality for your QC-II, use the "AND" squelch. Plan to jump to your regular channel to transmit and/or receive. Do not include this channel on your scan lists and don’t set it up to scan or auto scan as scan will interfere with the radio hearing and decoding the tones.

W3AWF

Premium Subscriber
I believe I've posted this info previously, and it is a portion of my Pro Series Programming Notes which I've made available, too.

Here's what you need:

QUIK CALL II DECODING

Signaling Quik-Call II System Add or create a QCII system

Basic Tab: Call Format should match the tones of your system

Call Alert/Sel Call Tab Call Alert Type: Call Alert w/Voice

Call Alert/Sel Call Tab Call Alert LED: Optional

Call Alert/Sel Call Tab Alert Tone Auto Reset: Unchecked

Call Alert/Sel Call Tab Call Alert LED:

Auto Reset Timer Type to be Auto w/Carrier Override

Individual ID Tones Tab Enter your desired tones

Signaling Signaling Configuration Call Tone Tag Tab Sel Call Tone Tag – Here you can optionally change the alert tone that the radio sounds when a Selective Call is received.

Signaling Signaling Configuration Call Tone Tag Tab To be Disabled

Conventional Personality Select the personality for QCII Signaling Tab RX Signaling – use dropdown to select the desired QCII system

For Signaling Squelch choose "And" for the radio to always be silent unless an alert is received matching the QCII setup.

For Signaling Squelch choose "Or" for the radio to monitor all radio traffic and alert when a call is received matching the QCII setup.

Controls & Menus Programmable Buttons Be sure to define one of the programmable buttons short press to be Monitor. Pressing Monitor after an alert will return the radio to silent alert mode just like the reset button on a pager.

NOTE: If you want to use the radio like a pager (silent until alerted), create an additional Rx only personality for your QC-II, use the "AND" squelch. Plan to jump to your regular channel to transmit and/or receive. Do not include this channel on your scan lists and don’t set it up to scan or auto scan as scan will interfere with the radio hearing and decoding the tones.

Steve - much appreciated! It works exactly how I wanted it to. Now another question. Our station is dual role Fire and EMS. I need to set up a personality that will alert if we get a fire call or an ambulance call. How do I set up a personality to be configured for two Quik-Call systems?

"Interoperability is not a luxury, it is a necessity!"

Last edited:

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Steve - much appreciated! It works exactly how I wanted it to. Now another question. Our station is dual role Fire and EMS. I need to set up a personality that will alert if we get a fire call or an ambulance call. How do I set up a personality to be configured for two Quik-Call systems?
How many tone pairs or long single tones for each agency? You are limited to just two or three in the Pro Series CPS. If you look at Signalling --> Quik Call II System --> Quik Call II System - 1, you'll see a drop down for CALL FORMAT. Look in there, and you will find the possible tone combinations available to you.

For example, if EMS uses two tone pairs and Fire uses two tone pairs, you'll have to pick one pair for each agency. If there are common tones, you have a bit more flexibility, but it's not as flexible as Minitor V or VI.

K4RMN

If it is anything like the XTS5000, which is what it sounds like based on previous comments, you can set a max of two tone pairs for it to respond two per personality. If you need more than that, then you'd have to make a second paging personality and have it scan back and forth between however many channels you have corresponding to the personalities.

Status
Not open for further replies.