Quinebaug Valley UHF Frequencies question ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWH100

QRT
Now that I see I had the low band frequencies in my scanner for QV, I didn't have many UHF frequencies for QV. Thanks Ed (pcfn360) for the web site: http://www.scancapecod.us/wiki/index.php/Quinebaug_Valley_Region. I have a question on the UHF frequencies. QV UHF channels 1, 2, 3, 4 are on 460.600R with a PL of 192.8. If I put that into my scanner I would be able to listen to QV. However I believe and I might be wrong, according to this web site, if I wanted to hear the other side of the conversation from the different towns, I would need to put in:
465.600 PL: 123.0 Thompson Repeapter (Channel 1)
465.600 PL:192.8 S. Killingly Repeater. (Channel 2)
465.600 PL:141.3 Griswold Repeater. (Channel 3)
465.600 PL:127.3 Sterling Repeater. (Channel 4)
So I'm thinking that I would need to put in 465.600 four times with 4 different PL's, and 460.600R PL; 192.8 once to here everybody? Is this correct? My other option would be to simple not use the PL tones and put 465.600 and 460.600R in once. I got this info from the above web site under UHF Operations. There are so many different frequencies and PL combinations, I'm getting a little confused here.
Again, thanks for all the help: AWH100

pcfn360

Qv System

I am not an expert on the QV system, I can hear quite a bit of the 33.xxx and on occassion the 460.xxx when I am at home.

As for the 460.600, you'd be better of programming the 460.600 with the correct PL and hope that you are close enough to the repeater to hear these channels. If you programmed 465.xxx you would need to be at the repeater site to here these as they are repeater input freqs, and would have very little range if any at all.

I have had pretty good luck following them on the 33.xxx freqs. On larger operations they switch to the UHF tac channels or fire grounds and then I loose them because they are really low power channels, however if you live down that way it can't hurt to put them in the scanner and see what you hear.

There is one guy around here, and he posts on this system who knows more about the QV then me and he goes by Lynsky on this site as well as the scancapecod site that I linked you too.

Goodluck

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
You don't need to monitor the inputs, they all feed the same output freq/pl.

By using multiple input PLs, they can choose which repeater is keyed up. Since all repeaters have the same output PL (different input but same output), you only need monitor 460.6000 192.8.

If you put all the inputs in, you would be listening for lower power radios. If they are near you, they should be on the nearest repeater and you will hear that repeater. If you are too far away to hear the repeater, you are almost certainly too far to hear the mobiles or portables.

http://www.qvec.org/@frequencies.htm is the QV freq page.

chris

AWH100

QRT
Now I understand. Time to do a little reprogramming. Thanks for the info guys

AWH100

lynskey85

Feed Provider
UHF channels 11-13 work the same. They all have the same output PL with different input PLs. Bungay often operates on Channel 11 which Muddy Brook is often on Channel 1, so you want to make sure you have all of those in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.