Quinnipiac University Public Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1GTL

Database Admin
That's old data. They have a three site Linked Capacity Plus system with 4 repeaters at each site.....York Hill, Main Campus and North Haven.

badgers215

I was told they were on a trunked system, but I have no idea what frequencies or talk group IDs to program. I can't seem to find anything on these guys. But I figured they would be fun to listen to on a Friday night.

N1GTL

Database Admin
Not really. I've got them in my XPR5550 and XPR7550e. Kind of boring. I have a BCD436HP with it programmed in and the last time I tried, it would not follow the talk groups. The Motorola radios work fine. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the RAS key but the Motorola radios work as they should setting up the talk groups in a flexible RX list where as the BCD436HP misses a lot of transmissions. I couldn't tell you which version of firmware I have. I kind of gave up on it working right. I know the repeater orders, site IDs, LCN, etc and even with everything set up as I thought was correct, the scanner missed so much that the Motorola radio did not. I'm not trying to be unfair to the scanner. Maybe the firmware now works but I sort of got tired of being the beta tester and I stopped following the threads.

badgers215

I found them on the FCC website a while ago and punched all their frequencies into my simplex scanner to see if I could hear anything and never heard a peep. I remember I used to get them back in the day when they were conventional UHF. I have a BCD325P2 now and was hoping to get what I needed to program them in as a trunked system.

I noticed that my radios seem to receive things my scanner doesn't. Not sure if its because radios get better reception or if the scanner is checking other channels.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
I receive all 4 frequencies fine here in Milford. I have them programmed in my Whistler TRX-1 and WS-1088 radios as conventional DMR channels. You can't pick and choose which talkgroups that will come up when programmed this way but I don't listen to them on a regular basis anyway, so it doesn't matter to me. I haven't tried programming them in as a trunked system yet. Whoever put the system in did a great job though. Good signal here on the shoreline of Milford. :p

badgers215

I don't mind listening to other groups as well, but when you get a chance can you let me know what those frequencies are? I tried looking them up, they have 48 frequencies listed.

MarkB513

I was trying to program this system as a trunk system with difficultly. They have so many UHF frequencies licensed, I wasn't sure which frequencies to use and what order they should be in. I got as far as programming 461.5125, 462.1625, 464.1125 and 464.6375 (in that order) and managed to monitor the Police, Bus Dispatch and a few other unknown TG's. The color code is 12. I was able to follow transmissions fairly well, but I was missing replies at times. Not sure if I'm missing frequencies or the LCN order is wrong, etc. I got the impression they have two systems on each end of Hamden by the way the frequencies were licensed/located, etc. The ones above are extremely strong where I am in Cheshire. I don't know enough about the system to figure out anymore. Hopefully someone will and add it to the database at some point.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
The 4 frequencies I hear them on are:
451.1875, 452.2250, 461.5125, 461.8000
I monitor by conventionally scanning the 4 freqs without a delay on them and never miss a reply or a transmission.
I don't know the LCN but there are quite a few talkgroups which I haven't really attempted to decipher except for a couple:
101-SECURITY
104-FACILITIES
108-BUSSES

Enjoy, Bob

RESQ766

Not really. I've got them in my XPR5550 and XPR7550e. Kind of boring. I have a BCD436HP with it programmed in and the last time I tried, it would not follow the talk groups. The Motorola radios work fine. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the RAS key but the Motorola radios work as they should setting up the talk groups in a flexible RX list where as the BCD436HP misses a lot of transmissions. I couldn't tell you which version of firmware I have. I kind of gave up on it working right. I know the repeater orders, site IDs, LCN, etc and even with everything set up as I thought was correct, the scanner missed so much that the Motorola radio did not. I'm not trying to be unfair to the scanner. Maybe the firmware now works but I sort of got tired of being the beta tester and I stopped following the threads.
What are the repeater orders, site IDs, LCN, etc? Also what system type would it be?

RESQ766

The 4 frequencies I hear them on are:
451.1875, 452.2250, 461.5125, 461.8000
I monitor by conventionally scanning the 4 freqs without a delay on them and never miss a reply or a transmission.
I don't know the LCN but there are quite a few talkgroups which I haven't really attempted to decipher except for a couple:
101-SECURITY
104-FACILITIES
108-BUSSES

Enjoy, Bob
Have you found any more of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.