Quinte Area - DMR or PROVOICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve3opc

Before I purchase these scanner upgrades is anyone aware if these modes are used in my area...primarily Prince Edward County and if so what services É

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Doubtful, there is very little Provoice in Ontario. The two main users left would be Chatham Kent Police and Ottawa Police, and both are actively looking at transitioning to P25.

mbstone99

Doubtful, there is very little Provoice in Ontario. The two main users left would be Chatham Kent Police and Ottawa Police, and both are actively looking at transitioning to P25.

And Enersource is listed as Provoice on the Airtime Communications system as well in Mississauga, if that info is still correct and doesn't Waterloo Region Police still have a few Provoice TG's at least for the time being until their system gets upgraded.

Matt

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I've never found out definitively if the WRPS groups are AEGIS or Provoice. Plus I believe they are encrypted.

mbstone99

And Enersource is listed as Provoice on the Airtime Communications system as well in Mississauga, if that info is still correct and doesn't Waterloo Region Police still have a few Provoice TG's at least for the time being until their system gets upgraded.

Matt

And not to go off topic too much.. didn't Horizon, Enersource, Hydro One Brampton and Powerstream merge sometime last year.. I wonder if they will change to the same type of system as they are all using different types of systems atm.. Horizon - VHF TRBO Capacity Plus, Enersource - Provoice. Hydro One Brampton - Peel's P25 system & Powerstream - DMR Conventional Networked..

Matt

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
Before I purchase these scanner upgrades is anyone aware if these modes are used in my area...primarily Prince Edward County and if so what services É

Doesn't look like much available in PE County.

Do you travel much with your scanners? That may be the deciding factor if it is worthwhile.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Just because it's not been updated in the RR database doesn't mean necessarily that there isn't any DMR type activity in the region.

Best bet is to search around for control channel like sounds and take it from there.

This system seems to be a popular system throughout parts of Ontario and pehaps PE County.
Turris Communications - PushPlus Network (UHF 201) Trunking System, Multiple Locations, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

Belleville Transit has gone to DMR most recently as well.

Doesn't look like much available in PE County.

Do you travel much with your scanners? That may be the deciding factor if it is worthwhile.

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
I'm not telling anyone how to spend their money but, consider that when you factor the exchange rate $60 US is about $80 CDN. Is that expense justifiable for a few business talkgroups?

randyf

still trying to figure this all out
cramahe fire is using dmr cobourg town fire is switched over also , trent lakes and north kawartha township are using dmr . belleville city transit now using dmr . turris is now the provider for sales and service for northumberland county so it seems to me that dmr will be more common place in my area . hearing some taxi company waste collection also i am glad to spend the money for the upgrade i think it is worth the investment down the road as more and more people will be switching over

ve3opc

Do you know if Cronkies Taxi in Prince Edward County is on DMR ?....I been looking for them for ages...I know they are now digital but dam if I can find them.

randyf

still trying to figure this all out
AYNE CRONK
PICTON, ONT. 209 TRIPP RD.
TX: 163.29 MHz
RX: 163.29 MHz
Licence: 010405295-001
CoE: F3EJN
Radius of Op: 20 km Show/Hide

44.014167,-77.219444
Distance: 53.21 km
Bearing: 124°