Quogue / WH Beach PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrappy212

Heard what sounded like primary comms on 158.910 and 155.730 today. Unable to obtain a tone. Anyone know what they're operating on?

warren

I have always had Quogue PD listed as 154.845 Repeater out 158.910 input PL 156.7 units 970 and 980 series and Westhampton Beach 155.730 Repeater out PL 156.7 units in 700 series. Let me know if this is correct.

scrappy212

have you heard them on those frequencies? I do not believe quogue Pd is licensed for 154.845

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I just stumbled on this thread, I wanted to say I live in Pennsylvania, grew up here but did live in Suffolk County late 60s through the 70s. Parents lived in Westhampton Beach. At that time all the East End towns including Westhampton Beach were on low band Simplex 39. XX...

These VHF High repeater frequencies you are quoting are former Suffolk County police frequencies LOL. Looks like they got them from the county. Suffolk County was still using them when I left New York. 154.845 was the output frequency for the third and fourth precincts. Don't remember what the other frequencies were assigned to but I remember them because it was all crystal control radios then and I bought those crystals.

That was a heck of a good system by the way. It was all downhill after that LOL.

Hope that sheds some light, I am sure they were all Suffolk County police frequencies on their great VHF High countywide repeater system.

scrappy212

Yes 845 was the old 2nd precinct frequency. Those vhf repeaters are long gone. The frequencies are also no longer used. West Hampton, quogue, shelter island, southold, saltaire and Southampton town are all on VHF still and it works well for them.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Okay so 845 was the first and second precincts? That was a long time ago. The first and second, third and fourth, and the fifth and sixth were paired on one output frequency each. Then you had the car the car and the countywide marine air channel. Even had a Simplex direct Channel of 156.03. I actually used to listen to that system on a slide rule dial monitor also LOL

The low band simplex 39.XX frequencies served the East End towns well also.

I remember when the VHF hi repeater system moved over to the 800 megahertz conventional trunked system. I went back to visit a lot. If I remember, the only East End Town that had VHF High not on the county system was Riverhead.

I used to have a lot of fun on the parkway system. You actually had Parkway police then, they were eventually taken over by the state police Troop L. The parkway cops who couldn't make the state police qualifications became the Park Police for Jones Beach and Robert Moses Etc.

The great thing about the parkway police on the parkway was they were on 45.66 simplex. They did frequent roll calls and if you knew the sectors the way I did you always knew when you could put the pedal to the metal, being a Simplex system you knew if the car was close or far away.

Thanks for the conversation, haven't thought about this stuff in 45 years.

I've heard Long Island has really changed since then. Thanks again... Bob.

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
Yes 845 was the old 2nd precinct frequency. Those vhf repeaters are long gone. The frequencies are also no longer used. West Hampton, quogue, shelter island, southold, saltaire and Southampton town are all on VHF still and it works well for them.
The Vhf systems are ok, but I wouldn’t say they work to well for them. There are a lot of dead spots in the areas, mostly with the portables trying to talk in. Everybody had a chance to migrate to the County 800 system years ago. A lot of town and villages chose to remain on their own systems for different reasons, but mostly to do with giving up “their own” and fearing using the county system. Some have since jumped on, like Riverhead and Northport.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if they use it or not but 154.845 is actually licensed to Southampton Town Police Department. WYW926

They also have 156.030, the old channel "B" as well as 155.370.

Wow, have not seen these freqs in a long time. I remember this set up and buying crystals back in the day.

155.700 - SCPD Channel 1 (First Precinct)(PL 146.2)
154.845 - SCPD Channel 2 (Second Precinct)(PL 146.2)
155.850 - SCPD Channel 3 (Third Precinct)(PL 146.2)
155.910 - SCPD Channel 4 (Fourth Precinct)(PL 146.2)
155.985 - SCPD Channel 5 (Fifth Precinct(PL 146.2)
155.580 - SCPD Channel 6 (Sixth Precinct)(PL 146.2)
155.685 - SCPD Channel 7 (Command channel - Highway, Marine, E.S., Aviation)(PL 146.2)
156.030 - SCPD Channel 8 (Simplex unit-to-unit - a.k.a. Channel B)
155.790 - SCPD Channel 9 (MV Data & tactical as needed)(PL 146.2)
155.655 - SCPD Channel 10 (Detectives & countywide - a.k.a. Channel E)(PL 146.2)
155.370 - SCPD Channel 11 (Statewide P.D. Channel)
155.475 - SCPD Channel 12 (Nationwide P.D.

warren

Yes 154.845 repeater is licensed to Town of Southampton WYW926 with an input of 158.810. Westhampton Beach is within the Town of Southampton and is licensed on 158.910 WYW928 and the Town has permitted them to utilize their repeater system.

scrappy212

Quogue and WHB probably share a dispatch... shelter island/southold are on the same channel and Southampton town is on their own..

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
Westhampton PD used to have their own dispatcher, they might use Southampton Town now. Quogue uses Southampton Town PD Dispatch On Vhf. Shelter Island is dispatched by Southold Town Police on Vhf.

scrappy212

Westhampton PD used to have their own dispatcher, they might use Southampton Town now. Quogue uses Southampton Town PD Dispatch On Vhf. Shelter Island is dispatched by Southold Town Police on Vhf.

yes according to SHT's website, they dispatch Quogue. No word on WHB. They definitely have their own frequencies, unsure who dispatches them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.