QYT KT-8900R

Status
Not open for further replies.

meplat

Premium Subscriber
41FX9z7s09L._AC_SX425_.jpg

I have been playing with this radio for a while now. It seems to work fine. I am not sure about the long range, but for $82, it won't bother me if it melts. I bought it from amazon. Reviews are all over the place, but for me, nothing bad to report. I am using a Comet SBB-7NMO, antenna.

For those who are considering this radio, the programming software from he QYT site works just fine as well. www.qytradio.com The only problem I am having is not he fault of the software. I wanted to be able to have the repeater name displayed under the freq. I don't know if it can be done, but it's a minor inconvenience.

Like many radios these days, it is easier to program everything using software rather than manually input everything in. Just keep the manual in your car. :)

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I am not sure about the long range...
Long range? Watts is watts. 25 watts of RF from this radio will carry as far as 25 watts of RF from any other radio.

The question is whether or not it really puts out 25 watts and whether or not your antenna and feedline are efficient.

nd5y

I wanted to be able to have the repeater name displayed under the freq. I don't know if it can be done,
I don't think you can do that and have both display lines track the same memory channel. I think you can only set the upper and lower displays to name, channel number or frequency independently.

Do you have a manual? Did you look it up on KT8900 JT6188 Review - Miklor and read all the links on that page?

meplat

Premium Subscriber
Hi. I have been looking through the manual and anything else related to this radio.

The KT-8900 review is for another version of that company's radios. The KT-8900R I have is different model. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.