R 8600

Status
Not open for further replies.

philacop

Premium Subscriber
Question,
Can I use the 8600 to decode DSD plus using a discriminator tap like I do on my R 8500 and 7100 ? I use the rca connecter on rear and cable to my computer mike plug in male jack (line in )
If not is there a simple way of setting it up
Thank you

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Hi,
I use DSDPlus with my IC-8600 daily. I pipe from the 8600 to SDR Console, using the WFM mode, using VB audio cable out into DSDPlus. Works very well for me

vince48

Premium Subscriber
I use the USB connection (back panel) of the 8600 into my PC USB, you can downlaod V3 Radio Console (it's free and great work form Simon Brown), use VB Cable (also free) choose that as output from Radio Console into DSDPlus

rumcajs_tr

Thank you! I assume that the USB audio from R8600 is unfiltered (sometimes called raw audio) so you can decode DMR and other digital modes without problems.
Edit: I hope I got it right.... Or you don't send audio?

vince48

Premium Subscriber
yes, i decode P25, NEXDGE, DMR daily using my 8600, SDR Console with VB cable. Great thing about it its all free...with the exception of the 8600

philacop

Premium Subscriber
So how do I set it up ?
Do I get the audio using a USB port on the 8600 ?
What type of cable and u would just plug it in to the computers line in mike jack ?
I always have been using the rca type jack on my receivers and plugging in into the line in phono jack.
I don’t run any sdr stuff just dsd plus

vince48

Premium Subscriber
yes, plug the USB cable from the 8600 to a USB port on your PC (computer), open SDR Console. Do this when you get home and I will step you thourgh the setup

vince48

Premium Subscriber
yes, it would be a good idea. Personally, I never did a write up or tutorial. Taking photos and including them is something I haven't done. Using an 8600, SDR Console, VB Cable and DSDPlus is fairly simple, but i do respect your thought

Status
Not open for further replies.