R. Nac'l de amazonias 11780kHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

DXerPaulAK

KILLER signal from Radio Nacional de Amazonias with some crooner/standards music in english but with Portuguese speaking announcers. S9+55 in peaks with 100kw from near Brasilia, Brazil. Their intended target? The remote northern parts of the country. I am about 7000 miles PAST their target area! Heard at 0120UTC Mon Sept 19th (Sun at 520pm local AK Time). Far far far from a new catch and when CX is good, R. Nac'l de amazonias is often one of the best signals on the band for me.

ATS25 radio, DXE preamp and 2 tunable HF loops

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Just goes to show you that HF knows no boundaries. It is widely considered to be a de-facto international service, even though it's really intended for the regional area.

Brazil still has many stations on HF to supplant the existing MW and FM stations. Some of them don't reach into the Amazon, but HF will

Mike

Saint

Premium Subscriber
KILLER signal from Radio Nacional de Amazonias with some crooner/standards music in english but with Portuguese speaking announcers. S9+55 in peaks with 100kw from near Brasilia, Brazil. Their intended target? The remote northern parts of the country. I am about 7000 miles PAST their target area! Heard at 0120UTC Mon Sept 19th (Sun at 520pm local AK Time). Far far far from a new catch and when CX is good, R. Nac'l de amazonias is often one of the best signals on the band for me.

ATS25 radio, DXE preamp and 2 tunable HF loops
Yes at night I pick up Radio Nacional de Amazonias and these are some others you can pick up also

Attachments

• 11780.jpg
    11780.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.