r/s Pro 93

Status
Not open for further replies.

downr

I have a Radio Shack pro 93 that I wish to program to listen to Shiawassee county Michigan. I have the Win 93 program on my computer. I have read everything I can find here and am more confused than ever. I have entered a few frequency numbers such as 154.35500 in win 93 and uploaded them to she scanner and from time to time I actually hear some talking. Great progress for me. Not so much for the scanner. I have read Easier to read pro 93/95 manual. If anyone can set me straight I would really appreciate it.

wtp

These scanners can't monitor digital systems.
and i guess that you want to listen to a digital system...
Countywide Law Enforcement
NextLevel.gif

Michigan's Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS)
Project 25 Phase I
All county Police, Fire, and EMS units utilize this system for communications
Countywide Fire and EMS
NextLevel.gif

Michigan's Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS)
Project 25 Phase I
All county Police, Fire, and EMS units utilize this system for communications.

project 25 is digital.

Last edited:

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Someone may be able to chime in for that particular area, but even though there is a frequency for fire tone outs there that your scanner could monitor and may get the odd bit of chatter, it looks like the fire system is pretty much entirely on a digital system, which your scanner cannot monitor.

If you want to really hear stuff there for your area, you'll want to invest into a newer, digital scanner. It's only a P25 Phase 1 system, so you could go for a cheaper / older model that supports it. You can find a list of such scanners here.

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
yup. according to the RR database your county's primary comms are on a phase 1 P25 digital system. your pro-93 cannot monitor digital comms. the good news is the system is reported to be unencrypted. at a minimum you'll need a P25 digital enabled phase 1 scanner like a RS Pro-197 or Pro-106 (there are others) and they're relatively inexpensive.

you may want to consider a phase 2 capable scanner such as the Uniden 436/536/100/200 but more $. FYI, you won't be able to listen if/when MI encrypts their system.

downr

Thank you all for this good information. I do own a Pro 651 that works well here. I did not realize that there were different phases to the Motorola system. When Michigan State Police first began installing the system my accountant wife oversaw all the money. It cost an unreal amount to install all the towers and equipment. It sounds like the pro 93 is pretty much useless. My daughter was hoping I could make it work for her. I truly hope they don't encrypt this system. Time to upgrade. Thank you again !!

wtp

ok kevin...

common business freqs
Common Business Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

www.radioreference.com
www.radioreference.com

FBI,DEA, the little guys.
mt-fedfiles.blogspot.com

NYC Federal Interop Tests
I've received some information about weekly testing of the New York City federal interop radio channels. Reports are that 167.7875 MHz , 40...
mt-fedfiles.blogspot.com
mt-fedfiles.blogspot.com

inter-op freqs, i recommend the 800 tac ones.
www.apcointl.org

Special Fees for Interoperability Channels | APCO International
Interoperability channels as designated by the FCC, are by definition intended to be used for “two or more different entities to interact with one another and to exchange information…” (FCC 90.
www.apcointl.org
www.apcointl.org

look up stuff on the FCC site.
License Search - Geographic Search

those cheap radios.
https://www.eham.net/forum/view?id=topic=123040.0

now, many of these are in radios that i have and they are VERY quiet.
you might have to "go to town" to hear the business stuff, many are low power.
i have radios that i bought around 1980 and still use them for these freqs as it frees up my main radio.
good luck
todd
and i would not worry about using a computer for this, just put them in and see if they are even busy.

downr

I am looking to upgrade to a new scanner. Could you please explain what to look for. Phase 2 ? Digital ?. Is one brand better than the other ?
Thanks Again

Status
Not open for further replies.