R30 "Battery's health is critically low"

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4OBL

Authorized Personnel
I guess this answers the question if you really need to fully deplete the battery to clear this message or not.
I really couldn't recall for certain that I ran mine down until the R30 shutoff or just somewhere above that point.

Hopefully this will work for you. When it's done this time, look at the battery info screen in the menu's and see how many cycles it shows. Just curious on that one knowing you charge a lot with USB.

Good Luck.

Thanks - I checked the battery information before running it down the first time. It greatly under-reported the number of times I've recharged the battery. I think I probably did not run the charge down enough for the radio to register that it went through a cycle. From now on, I will run it down to a lower level before re-charging. I will resume running the battery charge level down tomorrow night after work. I'll report on the results, when I finally re-charge turn it on again.

KM4OBL

Authorized Personnel
This morning I received a reply to my email to Icom about the battery health warning message issue. The reply from an Icom Technical Support Representative reads as follows:

"A number of radios left the factory with the batteries not properly calibrated. To correct the issue run the battery down until the radio no longer powers on then fully charge the battery. This will clear the health warning message, and calibrate the battery to the radio."

Reactions: RRR

KM4OBL

Authorized Personnel
The low health battery warning came on again. This is not a simple battery calibration issue. I think it’s an issue that will only be solved by a firmware update, if possible.

KM4OBL

Authorized Personnel
Run the battery down, charge with supplied charger, not the USB port.

I will do that. I didn’t mean to suggest I wasn’t going to follow the instructions given to me earlier by Icom. I was just intending to let others know not to be surprised if the warning message reappears.

Status
Not open for further replies.