R30 R30 illegal file

Status
Not open for further replies.

mchisy

Hi all new icom r30 user....im using the cs-r30 software but when i try to import a csv file that ive downloaded from radio reference uk site i keep getting....file error illegal data !! can anyone help me out please

thanks in advance

Hit_Factor

First export the file from the IC-30. Open it up to see the way everything is laid out. Then massage the download file into the same format.

The error could be any little problem. Missing comma, extra space, invalid value (RFG1 vs. RFG 1).

If you are not spreadsheet savy, this could be a tough task. I have attached the memory channels.csv from my radio. (unzip it before use).

Do you have a link for the download?

Attachments

• Memory Channels.zip
    19.7 KB · Views: 47

mchisy

Hi here's one of the files im having problems with

Attachments

• Find UK Scanner Frequencies, Radio Reference UK (5).zip
    539 bytes · Views: 25

mchisy

Use the one I posted as a guide, copy from the scanner file and paste into the file I posted. Don't change the columns, no good will come from that. You'll get the hang of it after awhile.
Had a go at doing what you suggested but ive had no joy......think its time to give up :cry::cry::cry: lol

mchisy

I have ARC30 and the icom cs-r30 software and i just cant get to grips with either of them.....must be me being a bit stupid ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.