R30 Memory Scan: Problem Losing Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

footage

Premium Subscriber
Every programmed channel is set for FM narrow.

My guess is you have an old version of RT Systems, current vers. is 5.00.32.
Run rtupdater_v5.exe and update IC-R30.

In RT Systems find group 3,
Verify you have the correct output freq from the tower/site
Change it to simplex from DUP (just in case the offset is wrong)
In the mode column change it from FM Narrow to P25

Group 4 Milair General needs mode changed to AM. Probably the same for group 7.

Groups 5 and 6 are probably P25, so follow the Group 3 suggestion.

Write this to the radio and let's see what happens. Maybe export the memory channels again and post to allow comparison.
Fascinating. All settings are correct when I look at them within the program. And I receive both civil air and milair bands in AM as I should, though I have to set mode before scanning those groups. It seems as if the program isn't storing my input correctly. I'll try and update the version (though I just purchased it) if need be, after I hear from the manufacturer's support people today.

Thanks again.

Hit_Factor

5.00.32 is working for me. It hangs after a write, but there doesn't seem to be any consequence.

Edit the CSV directly and import into your R30. Skip the RT Systems for the time being.

Use the CSV I posted for examples of the correct syntax. Use memory manager on the radio to edit, save, and then export another CSV to see how the radio want's the data formatted if examples are not clear.

footage

Premium Subscriber
5.00.32 is working for me. It hangs after a write, but there doesn't seem to be any consequence.

Edit the CSV directly and import into your R30. Skip the RT Systems for the time being.

Use the CSV I posted for examples of the correct syntax. Use memory manager on the radio to edit, save, and then export another CSV to see how the radio want's the data formatted if examples are not clear.
Sounds like a good plan.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I just noticed there was a new update. I tried to install it, but an error occurred. I didn't have time to try it again or send the install log to RT. I'm still at v.32.

Hit_Factor

That might have been one of the support files. I updated something earlier this week, but it didn't change the application version. I also received an error. Running update again, it said nothing to update.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Yes, agree. Ran it again, it updated 1 more file successfully and stayed at the same version.

footage

Premium Subscriber
@Hit_Factor — your suggestions worked. No more mode-switching issues. I'm up and running. Thanks so much for debugging this. And another good thing: since I primarily use Macs, it's much easier to edit in CSV format.

footage

Premium Subscriber
RT Systems has fixed the problem in their R30 software. It has to do with the Voice Squelch Control option, which I'd checked on all channels. From the email sent by their tech support person:

"Turns out, that option works only for some of the operating modes of the radio. When it was set in conjunction with an operating system with which it did not work, the radio would revert to DCR. We were able to recreate this just as you described. So, we identified the Operating Modes that allow the VSC (OR VCS...change in labeling... and made that column disabled for those that can't use it and enabled where appropriate. Now then the VCS (VSC) option is checked, it is set only for a mode on which the radio uses this secondary option properly.

With this done, the operating modes and the VCS (VSC) setting transfer to the radio properly.

Do Help | Check for Updates in the programmer to get the latest version and this correction. When you open the program again, the VSC control will be checked for Operating Modes that allow the function and unchecked for those that do not.

Once sent to the radio, the operating modes appear as they are in the file.... not surprise changes.:

Status
Not open for further replies.