R8600 R8600 Audio Output: Stereo or Mono?

N9JIG

Sheriff
Is the external speaker jack on the R8600 stereo or mono? The manual does not say but it comes with stereo plugs to wire up.

I am planning on running the receive audio thru a mixer and am trying to figure out the appropriate cables.

Thanks!

toad99

Premium Subscriber
You can use stereo cables, but the ring is not connected to anything. I use a stereo cable to connect to my CLR-dsp, but the ring doesn't have any audio on it.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Just curious, any particular software you using for hooking it up to the computer? Been looking for a good software package for decoding for my R8600. Thanks

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
So the SDR console recognizes the R8600? When it comes to multiPSK, Does the software recognize the transmission to decode or do you have to select the proper decoding software inside the software package? Am unfamiliar with the software.

xshark

Premium Subscriber
So the SDR console recognizes the R8600? When it comes to multiPSK, Does the software recognize the transmission to decode or do you have to select the proper decoding software inside the software package? Am unfamiliar with the software.
SDR Console recognizes the R8600 through a USB connection. Multipsk requires you to select the proper decoding scheme.