RAAF Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I will be traveling in Australia in December and would be staying near RAAF Base East Sale. I am curious to know what (if anything) can be monitored from RAAF bases. I'm looking for on-base frequencies, not VHF/UHF Airband.

I did some searches on Google to try to find out if they use TETRA or P25, but nothing can be found.

Thank you in advance.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Nice, I think I found what I need on the ACMA website.
Thank you

thecamel

Your probably already here.

But some info, as i do the comms there.

The p25 network is encrypted, Its the only two ways permitted on base (even UHF CB are not permitted to be used on base).

Airside its quite different - but as you stated you have that covered.

We have very strict procedures if we see any rouge radios trying to affiliate with our network - we bricked at APX7000 a few weeks ago.

There are a few channels the spotless services use as well as the call in channels, the contractors channel would be the only thing that might have something of interest to listen into with a scanner.

Even if you could listen to the other channels... trust me there is nothing of interest there.. every one just uses the phones, its really just there as a fall back and for the AFPOL and AGD nuckle heads to look cool with.

Status
Not open for further replies.