Racom 04-060 (560) tg

Status
Not open for further replies.

timkilbride

Database Admin
Has anyone got this one pinned down yet? I finally heard some traffic on it this morning. The mobile subject said "M-V-A(almost certain that is the three letters said) to Sioux City Base, back in the car" Before they were out of the car the mobile subject stated the location, address, and name of the subject they were checking on.

Tim K.

IowaBrian

All of the traffic I have picked up would point towards FEDS. Nothing sexy to report in the months since I reported it so don't get your hopes up of it being anything great unless you like to hear an address and four numbers :) Guess if I ever hear them in my neighborhood I can drive by and see what is going on. You will hear Waterloo, Cedar Rapids, M Town, and others.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
I agree with IowaBrian. Seems to be some sort of Parole/Probation checkins from what ive heard. Nothing interesting usually, just checking on people and then heading for the next address. Naturally they dont use 'proper' radio procedure and ID themselves so not sure if we will ever know who it actually is!

timkilbride

Database Admin
I was going to say it *sounds* like probation type work. They ID by using the initals of their name, rather then a number or full name. They sounds like the type of people that don't use two-way radio much.

Haley

I would have to agree with you guys. Everytime I here them around (Marshall co. , Waterloo), they are "looking" for someone. Thought the might be ICE, or some kind of probation officers for the Federal Court system (do they have such a job?). Mike

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Update on this, I heard RACOM talking about ProFiling these, they are some kind of Probation/Parole company that the state contracts with. Cant think of the name exactly, but it was to the tune of "Midwest Probation Services" or something. That explains the poor radio procedure haha

Status
Not open for further replies.