RACOM FCC License

Status
Not open for further replies.

iascanguy

I have wondered about that too. The frequencies for site 9 in Des Moines are licensed to Polk Co Sheriff's office but I can't find any info on sites 1 (the main site) and site 12.

Donald

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
It seems RACOM has a wide-area license allowing them full use of the PS TRS spectrum.

ULS License - SMR, 806-821/851-866 MHz, Trunked License - WPIZ405 - RACOM CORPORATION

That is the license they operate under now. It is the only YX Service license still active under their FRN. Im not real clear on how that works, i think they just need to coordinate with other operators in the area and as long as they do not cause interference they are given free reign. I may be wrong about that tho.

timkilbride

Database Admin
It seems RACOM has a wide-area license allowing them full use of the PS TRS spectrum.

ULS License - SMR, 806-821/851-866 MHz, Trunked License - WPIZ405 - RACOM CORPORATION

That is the license they operate under now. It is the only YX Service license still active under their FRN. Im not real clear on how that works, i think they just need to coordinate with other operators in the area and as long as they do not cause interference they are given free reign. I may be wrong about that tho.

Thats going to be hard to follow any new tower locations and frequency changes.

Did anyone ever post or submit the Denison, Iowa site?

Tim K.

KD0BML

Feed Provider
Most all of their towers follow a frequency plan. So when a site id 1 changes in one area, all site 1s should change. This allows the radios to work when travelling to different areas and having to keep reprogramming radios statewide every time a site changes. If a Des Moines radio programmed for Site ID 1 travels to Cedar Falls, it'll simply use the numbering plan for Site ID 1 in Cedar Falls. All sites 1-14 should be the same.

The oddballs above 14 are the only ones that have individual licenses.

Finding new towers shouldn't be too hard. Just scan the area 854-860 area, when you hit an EDACS control channel, just check the numbering plan using that frequency. It is more than likely similar to another. If the site is one of those oddballs above 14, it more than likely has a license somewhere.

HeartThrobs

Premium Subscriber
Is this what your looking for?
ULS search
FRN 2579704
Radio Svc Code - YM (800 MHz Trunked SMR (SMR, Site-Specific) ) or Lisc Detail - Active

--------------
Found along the way -
Looks like there is one for each RACOM licensee. Secion 3(8) in last link.
http://tatools.800ta.org/PublicTaTools/WaiverDocumentation/1225/NonConfidential_Waiver___PublicDocuments/Waiver-1225-Doc-1-Public-WPHM233-BlackHawk.pdf

http://tatools.800ta.org/PublicTaTools/WaiverDocumentation/FccActionDocuments/DA-08-1430A1.pdf

http://tatools.800ta.org/PublicTaTools/WaiverDocumentation/FccActionDocuments/DA-08-1430A1.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.