RACOM Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

aandersen55

Does anyone know if the Seward, NE site is still actively used? I'm recieving the control channel, but see no joins or calls on it at all. I'm using 858.7375 as the control channel and it's coming in strong, but other than that nothing is showing for me as being used.

W0JJK

They have a talk group on the state system. They may have left RACOM.

aandersen55

Gonna bump this. Did some more research this week and discovered that the Seward, NE EDACS site is no longer peering to the rest of the RACOM network and is now operating in Failsoft mode.

City of Norfolk, which is part of RACOM, had started construction of a new radio tower here in town last summer. Only the footings and equipment shed are the only structures on site. No activity has been seen since last summer. I am wondering if the City is going away from RACOM and moving to something else, e.g., Nebraska SRS. So far I haven't been able to get any answers about this. I will have to check this out and see if the Norfolk Site is still peering.

aandersen55

aandersen55

I’m also wondering where the users have gone. Starcare was a user of the Lincoln site. What is Starecare using now?
Not sure. Once every now and then they come onto the City EDACS. Most of the time whenever they are launched though they are using the North/South towers since that's the bulk of their incidents. I know they moved their base of ops to Crete at one point. Maybe something there? I've been wondering about them too.

littona

Super Freq
Premium Subscriber
Not sure. Once every now and then they come onto the City EDACS. Most of the time whenever they are launched though they are using the North/South towers since that's the bulk of their incidents. I know they moved their base of ops to Crete at one point. Maybe something there? I've been wondering about them too.
StarCare @ Crete has a VHF channel TX/RX 151.7 PL 146.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.