Racom/Polk Co EDACS programming question

Status
Not open for further replies.

butticeWB

I am programming my mom's new BCT15 (I'm the guy who wrote a few weeks ago inquiring about Bearcat retail outlets in the Des Moines area) and have a question. As you all know, Racom has about a million different towers. My mom only wants to monitor the Polk County sheriff and suburban departments that use the sheriff's EDACS system.

My question: Do I need to program every Racom site or can I cherry-pick the Des Moines-area sites? Thanks in advance for your insights. This is a great forum that helps a lot of people.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
I am programming my mom's new BCT15 (I'm the guy who wrote a few weeks ago inquiring about Bearcat retail outlets in the Des Moines area) and have a question. As you all know, Racom has about a million different towers. My mom only wants to monitor the Polk County sheriff and suburban departments that use the sheriff's EDACS system.

My question: Do I need to program every Racom site or can I cherry-pick the Des Moines-area sites? Thanks in advance for your insights. This is a great forum that helps a lot of people.

Just program in the Des Moines site, Program in the TG's you want to listen to and close the bank.

butticeWB

re: Racom/Polk Co EDACS site

Just the Des Moines tower (site 1101) or Des Moines plus the West Des Moines (1112) and Pleasant Hill (1209) towers? This radio is a base station that will never leave its west suburban Des Moines home.

Thanks again.

n2mdk

You can program in the 3 sites since the BCT15 has site based scanning. You then only have to put in the TGIDs once and associate them with the 3 different sites. Chances are the same TGIDs are carried on all the sites. That way you can see which site she receives best and turn the others off if wanted.

mikeydcg2003

I only have the 1101 Programmed in and i can hear it anywhere around the des moines area. I can even get it out here in Dallas Center. It's a very strong tower which should do exactly what you need

Status
Not open for further replies.