racom sites question

Status
Not open for further replies.

glock17

I'm a little confused on how the Racom sites are programmed.

On the Racom site coverage map it shows the Carroll site as a B site.
http://wiki.radioreference.com/images/f/f0/RACOM_NETWORK_2011_04c.pdf

On the Radioreference wiki page I can see that there 16 frequencies listed for B sites, what appears to be the old frequencies in one column and the new rebanded frequencies in the second column.
RACOM - IL, WI, MN, NE, SD, IA - The RadioReference Wiki

On the radioreference system frequencies and talk group page the Carroll site only lists 5 frequencies.
RACOM - IL, WI, MN, NE, SD, IA Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

Would I need to program in 5 frequencies or 16 frequencies. I'm a little unclear on that.
I used to have this working until the rebanding.
Thanks

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
RACOM reuses frequencies across system letters. So any system in the RACOM network that uses the letter B, can use any of the frequencies in the System B list. The database only shows 5 frequencies, because at the time it was verified, those were the only frequencies in use at the time. If they add more channels or move them around, that list will not be any good.

Long story short, you can safely add all the frequencies from the Wiki as System B (or whatever system you want to monitor) and you will have all the possible frequencies that could be used there. If they are never used, there is no harm done as they will simply not be utilized in the scanner.

Also, ignore the frequencies on the left in the Wiki, those are the INPUT frequencies and only needed if you are programming a radio to operate on the network. The only ones you need to be concerned with are on the right in the 851-861 MHz range.

Hope that clears things up.

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
Just making sure -- the old "numbered" site names have no bearing on the new "lettered" site names, right? I mean you can't say that because a certain site was a number 2, that it must now be an A -- right? Seems like they've changed everything . . .

But you can say that if you have all the frequencies programmed in for "A" sites, you should be able to listen to ANY "A" site, system-wide -- right?

Scott

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
All the old systems that had a letter designator are obsolete, and have no bearing on the new system plan. Also, the old system designator has no correlation to the new.

And yes, if you program in ALL the System "XX" frequencies as they are shown into your radio/scanner, it will be able to roam to ANY system with that letter.

SCPD

QRT
On the map the west Omaha site is labeled as H.
The LCN for west Omaha site follows system L in the Wiki.
Is system H and L swapped in the Wiki or is the site mislabeled on the map?

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
I will take a look at the wiki here in a bit and see where i may have typo'd. Can you get me the LCN order for the West Omaha site to look at?

Thanks

SCPD

QRT
The LCN is correct in the database for west Omaha. Looking at other sites labeled as system H. They match the LCN in the Wiki for system H.
The site ID is 8 (system H) but the LCN follows system L. The site ID and LCN were found by using Unitrunker.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.