Status
Not open for further replies.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
To find the RACOM reband licenses do a ULS Advance Search for:
Radio Service = YM
FRN = 2579704
Status = Active

I compared the Malcom (WQKD878) reband license with what you found in the real world. The only issues comparing the two are
1) 859.1375 isn't on the license.
2) 854.1875 is on the license and not listed above.
And of course no LCN on the license.

Will see how this goes as more are rebanded.

AWESOME find!!! This will give us the LCN for every site, it wont give us the new system or LCN channels but the frequency data is there. I will be sorting this out tonight, hopefully have a nice clean XLS or PDF i can post will the sites and frequencies.

Last i looked, all RACOM's licenses were expired, that was last year. They must have been waiting to get the final spectrum plan before they submitted it to the FCC.

timkilbride

Database Admin
I haven't confirmed any LCN channels yet, but the below is in effect:

Cedar Rapids-WQKD860(SID:09):
854.3875CC

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
if they didnt do Cedar Rapids yesterday I wonder what they did? Maybe Iowa City got switched with CR? hmm

Here is a link to a PDF with all the new RACOM licenses. Hope someone finds it useful!

Link to Racom Master.pdf

timkilbride

Database Admin
*Confirmed*

Cedar Rapids-WQKD860(SID:09):

LCN 16 856.8875
LCN 17 857.8875
LCN 18 858.8875
LCN 19 859.8875
LCN 24 854.3875CC

I will submit to DB.

Also, ever since the change over, no activity at all except some encrypted stuff.

Tim

timkilbride

Database Admin
I uploaded my list. The .PDF is good too but I was almost done with mine when Adam uploaded it so I just finished mine up.

Tim K.

Attachments

• Racom.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 460

HeartThrobs

Premium Subscriber
if they didnt do Cedar Rapids yesterday I wonder what they did? Maybe Iowa City got switched with CR? hmm

Here is a link to a PDF with all the new RACOM licenses. Hope someone finds it useful!

Link to Racom Master.pdf

Great work. One stop shopping for all of our freq needs.

And I thought I was doing good with my RACOM Lisc & Transmitter Location table, RACOM Reband

Thanks!

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Schedule for next week so far:
Monday: Independence
Tuesday: Oelwein
Wednesday: Decorah

I have been trying to dig thru the FCC licenses and find some order in the madness but i cant see where many sites are sharing the same frequencies. There are a few, but not as many as i expected. Have to wait until more sites come online to see if there is any patterns. Any more news on Cedar Rapids / Iowa City?

Edit:
Found a possible discrepancy in my findings in regards to the Malcolm site. 859.1375 may or may not be LCN 15. Not sure how i missed this one, but Pella has the same freq for LCN 4. From my receive location, its POSSIBLE i may have coincidently heard the Pella site every time he tested LCN 15 at Malcolm. Im leaning towards HeartThrobs findings that 854.1875 may actually be the proper LCN 15 for Malcolm. I have it set in my receiver, im going to try and see if it comes active. Sucky part about my location, Pella and Malcolm are the same distance from me so they sound the same signal-wise haha. Maybe Fireside can chime in here since he is in a much better spot to tell when it is active. Thanks again to everyone helping with this!

Last edited:

pm1072

I have been trying to dig thru the FCC licenses and find some order in the madness but i cant see where many sites are sharing the same frequencies. There are a few, but not as many as i expected. Have to wait until more sites come online to see if there is any patterns. Any more news on Cedar Rapids / Iowa City?

All, that I got until I find someone closer to CR South (13) is the following off of the free Unitrunker retro program (please keep in mind the best I got signal-wise from the site was 11%). So, we need someone closer in Southern CR to do some checking:

(13)

2 857.1625 (CC)
3 858.1625
6 ?
15 ?

Please make any corrections if you're in southern CR and have time to play around to get it figured out. Keep in mind, the signal that I got may have been full of interference and these may not be correct.

N0ZJT

Database Admin

That's weird, Oelwein is already using frequencies in the 854-860 range, so it shouldn't need to change any frequencies. It also isn't in the master lists that were provided. I wonder what they are going to change.

Eric

pm1072

maybe just the subscriber units if they don't have anything changed in them to reflect the proper information, depending on their age. I'm still waiting to hear back on CR South.

Please keep us posted for up there, so we have our scanners in-tune. Thanks Eric!

SCPD

QRT
That's weird, Oelwein is already using frequencies in the 854-860 range, so it shouldn't need to change any frequencies. It also isn't in the master lists that were provided. I wonder what they are going to change.

Eric
Same with the Seward Nebraska site. The frequencies were change in June or July of last year. Now they are changing again.
I am guessing it has something to do with RACOM's license expiring.

N0ZJT

Database Admin
Yeah, I should be able to get Oelwein, Independence, and the Waterloo and Cedar Falls towers and probably Allison and Vinton.

I saw the submission for CR, it is being worked. I added submissions for Malcom, Newton, and Pella. I have those and will be updating them.

Please keep submitting the confirmed data and posting here that it has been submitted. We want to make sure every site gets updated in the database.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Possible, does the new license reflect the current channels in use at Oelwein?

My opinion is that RACOM, since they already have to reband 85% of their system and change system IDs, might as well change them all to something more logical. This early in the game, its hard to see any kind of pattern but maybe they are going to try and stray away from the 16 sites systemwide routine and every site actually has a unique ID from now on. Meaning sites that are currently compliant with the rebanding will still need their site ID changed, even if thats all that changes.

Again, as usual, its all speculation. And as there have only been 5 sites rebanded, we simply dont have enough information to go on.

I want to add also, just because frequencies dont show up under the RACOM license does not mean they cant be used. There are currently a number of sites that are either partially or entirely licensed under the agency / organization that uses them, but used in conjunction with frequencies licensed to RACOM. A good example is the Collins site that is still operating under a Marshall County license. Later today im going to see if i can find any new license grants to places other than RACOM.

I also find it interesting that they now have a license for a site in Urbandale and Prairie City. Possible expansion in the future? Anyone else notice anything like that?

Copy and paste from old post, i edited it before i refreshed :doh:
Found a possible discrepancy in my findings in regards to the Malcolm site. 859.1375 may or may not be LCN 15. Not sure how i missed this one, but Pella has the same freq for LCN 4. From my receive location, its POSSIBLE i may have coincidently heard the Pella site every time he tested LCN 15 at Malcolm. Im leaning towards HeartThrobs findings that 854.1875 may actually be the proper LCN 15 for Malcolm. I have it set in my receiver, im going to try and see if it comes active. Sucky part about my location, Pella and Malcolm are the same distance from me so they sound the same signal-wise haha. Maybe Fireside can chime in here since he is in a much better spot to tell when it is active. Thanks again to everyone helping with this!

Last edited:

N0GX

Premium Subscriber
Would I be able to hear anything on the Malcom site with the freq of 859.1375 as LCN 15 if it is not correct? That is what I put in my scanner and have heard Aircare on the Malcom site since the switch.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
OK, i just confirmed it. I need more caffeine i think haha. The REAL LCN 15 for Malcolm is 854.1875. 859.1375 is actually LCN 4 on Pella. Sorry for the confusion.

k0kjl, Not likely. It was just a crazy coincidence that every time he was saying "test 15", I was actually hearing him on 859.1375 at Pella because of the rotation of channels. Cant believe i didn't catch that. If you have the wrong LCN programmed in, whenever the control channel sends the scanner to LCN 15, you wont hear anything but static because you are actually on the wrong frequency. But all the other channels would work appropriately.

HeartThrobs

Premium Subscriber

Eric

One possible reason for the added change in Oelwein is one of the freqs, 860.4375, listed in the RR Database for RACOM is in the FCC designated 860 to 861 Expansion Band. But that is strictly a guess.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
I have re-done my PDF. It now has an index outlining all the licenses / sites covered. I have also added all the other RACOM trunking licenses that are in other agencies names, i.e. Polk County Sheriffs Office. They have updated all their licenses with new frequencies, so this will give us a MUCH more accurate list of frequencies that will actually be in use. Appended at the end are 2 pending change applications, I found a bit of useful info in them so i put them in here. Let me know if there are any errors. The index page is not fully filled out on purpose, when the information becomes confirmed it can either be added or I will release another version.

Thanks again!

Link to RACOM Master.pdf Version 3

Version 3 now, index page is clickable to the licenses. :)

Edit number 4 now:
Map on the first page MIGHT become clickable in the next version if i get bored later. To be honest, making the index linked was a pain enuf but the map would be VERY handy, maybe with the license Call Sign in a little popup under the site number? hmmm

Last edited:

W0GEN

Premium Subscriber
Blackhills Energy discussion

I heard on 04Feb10 techs talking about changine over the Blackhills Energy radios planned for the next couple of days, and that they (Blackhills) likely will not be very happy with the change. Any ideas what the issues would be for them? I know that Blackhills Energy supports the nat gas pipeline through Jesup area.

Status
Not open for further replies.