RACOM system-wide rebanding starts Feb 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
New site on the air!

Prairie City in Jasper County, Ia. (serves Mitchellville)
System P, Site ID: 9
LCN in use:
7 - 854.2625
8 - 855.2625
9 - 856.7625
10- 857.7625
14- 861.7625
15- 855.7625

Seems to be mostly Polk county traffic, very similar to what System M in Pleasant Hill is carrying.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Also, the Collins site 26 has changed to a 5-channel system from a SCAT system.

I don't have confirmation on LCN 2 but this appears to be the order:

1 - 854.7125
2 - 855.3375
3 - 856.8625 <- active CC
4 - 858.8375
5 - 859.8375

I will post an update when i confirm LCN 2.

Last edited:

i_listen

RACOM talkgroups

Polk county dispatch have migrated over to the RACOM system completely and abandoned the VHF frequencies other than the page channel for the fire side. I am surprised that the RadioReference data base is yet to be updated. Are the chat groups that hard to collect? Does anyone have an idea on how long it will take get the updates published? I run a home patrol scanner and am anxious to get it reprogramed.

Thanks for the help

dondi3

RACOM system wide rebanding starts feb 1st

I'm not a radio person but Dubuque went on the system several years ago. If you continue to read this thread, guys will post the LCNs and you can ask more knowlegable people how to monitor DM's system. it helped me a lot when Dubuque changed over. Took me about 3-4 days to get all the freq's right and my radio up & running.

How do you like the Home patrol? I've got a Radio shack pro 106 that I've been listening to daily for 5 or 6 years. Love it, but thinkin' of getting the Home Patrol, but not sure it's worth the price. I think my RS pro 106 was like $150 or somesuch when I purchased it. It was my 2nd 106 and the first one (about 11-12 years old now) is still being used daily by my son in law, who fixed a damaged antenna connector with a piece of tinfoil when the pin inside broke off on it. We've both dropped our radios literally dozens of times on concrete garage floors and bounced them around on the floor of our vehicles, both work vehicles (he used to drive a snowplow) and had them fall off shelves and tables, with no effect on their performance. We still occasionally brag about the latest accidental abuse we've subjected them to. Too bad they don't sell them any more...altho' I see them available on Ebay these days and similar units made with a different brand name i can't recall right now. If I ever see a new one, I just may buy it, unless i blow my scanner budget on a Home Patrol.

Don

Polk county dispatch have migrated over to the RACOM system completely and abandoned the VHF frequencies other than the page channel for the fire side. I am surprised that the RadioReference data base is yet to be updated. Are the chat groups that hard to collect? Does anyone have an idea on how long it will take get the updates published? I run a home patrol scanner and am anxious to get it reprogramed.

Thanks for the help

timkilbride

Database Admin

Thanks for the help

The radioreference database is only accurate as the people listening. If nobody sends updates in, nobody listens.

Tim

ROCK

Premium Subscriber
I have the pro-106 and the Home Patrol 1, by far the 106 is the best scanner.Thinking of selling my high priced HP-1, it has very bad sensitivity, I have better luck with a cheap app I purchased on my android smart phone than with HP-1. I can go to menu and click on find my location. I live in Iowa City and it can not find my location. I would not waste my money..

Redneck0410

I have the pro-106 and the Home Patrol 1, by far the 106 is the best scanner.Thinking of selling my high priced HP-1, it has very bad sensitivity, I have better luck with a cheap app I purchased on my android smart phone than with HP-1. I can go to menu and click on find my location. I live in Iowa City and it can not find my location. I would not waste my money..

I'm sure there are people here who would love to have that scanner (myself included, although I'm very short on money at this time).

Status
Not open for further replies.