Radar Fundamentals and Interpretation

Status
Not open for further replies.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
The Fort Dodge Amateur Radio Association and National Weather Service would like to invite you to Radar Fundamentals and Interpretation to be held on Tuesday January 19th 2010 at 7PM. This is open to anyone wishing to attend.

The training will be in the basement of Bank of America. Here is the address:

726 1st Ave S
Fort Dodge, IA 50501

Use the door on the south side of the building and take the elevator down. Here is a map to the location.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...3593,-94.187315&spn=0.00348,0.010568&t=h&z=17

The training will include:
1) Radar basics and fundamentals
2) radar signatures and products
3) radar sources
4) Gibson Ridge Level III

Talk in on 146.685 (-) PL 110.9

For more information or further directions feel free to contact me at anytime. Please feel free to forward this info to anyone who may be interested!

Last edited:

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
The NWS is going to bring some canned data for GRLevel3 so we will be looking at local storms... not something across the country.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
UPDATE -

There has been a location change! Please refer to my original Post

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
In all seriousness, it should be a pretty good show. I've talked to a few people that are planning on traveling from Des Moines. Anyone here on RadioReference planning on going?

timkilbride

Database Admin
I'm working every 4-5th day, but when I have something planned the railroad knows how to mess it up. We'll see what happends . .

Tim

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Me, the wife and maybe father in law will be travelling up from Bondurant. Hate to pass up an event like this!

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
me... obviously.

NWS did say that other counties were requesting a similar event, so if you missed out, they may hold one near you!

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
I saw you fly past me at the Ames interchange :p I was taking my sweet time. I like your car, very nice ;)

On topic, I was going to ask them if they had any more similar meetings scheduled but totally spaced it off *doh*. Next one will be spotter training!

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
I saw you fly past me at the Ames interchange :p I was taking my sweet time. I like your car, very nice ;)

On topic, I was going to ask them if they had any more similar meetings scheduled but totally spaced it off *doh*. Next one will be spotter training!

It's a bad habit to break. *blushes*

The Skywarn spotter training session for Des Moines is on February 23 at the Des Moines Radio Amateurs' Association annual meeting at 7 p.m. in the 3rd floor recital hall of the Plymouth Congregational Church at 42nd and Ingersoll. A brief meeting for the Mid-Iowa Skywarn Association will be held prior to the meeting at approximately 6:30 p.m. in the same location. More details will be posted on the DMRAA website next week at Des Moines Radio Amateurs' Association » Central Iowa’s voice for Ham Radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.