Radio Öömrang

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbott

Premium Subscriber
If my calendar note is correct, the Radio Öömrang broadcast is today at 16:00ut on 15,215.

--
Mike

K4EET

Chaplain
Hi @mbott, I believe you are correct. This year, I sadly do not have an HF antenna. I may try to rig up something real quick indoors but being in a wheelchair, I am kind of limited in what I can do there too. This year I may be sidelined. :(

mbott

Premium Subscriber
The last couple of years, reception of Radio Öömrang has been poor or non-existent here. I'm not going to hold my breath. Radio Öömrang has been the only broadcast I've QSL'd this century. :)

--
Mike

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
Interesting.. Will try take a listen.. But, there has been a bit of solar activity lately.. The K index is elevated right now.

K4EET

Chaplain
The coordinates for Issoudun, France are: 46°57′39″N 1°59′40″E

The HF prediction part of VOCAP is accessed HERE.

With that information and your coordinates, you should be able to figure out the probability of hearing the Radio Öömrang broadcast at your location. VOACAP is a great communications path prediction tool. 73, Dave K4EET

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
Started at 16:00 UTC on the button.. Solid copy +10dB here (Near Winnipeg MB, about 70 miles North of the ND/MN border).

[edit] Mostly German speaking, with the odd smattering of English announcing station info.

Last edited:

mbott

Premium Subscriber
IIRC, they've used English a bit more in the past.

--
Mike

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
SINPO 44444 into Wilm., NC Thank you for this heads up mbott! Very much appreciated. I have logged this station a couple of other times and forgot about it this year.

K4EET

Chaplain
That's a pretty good resource.. Bookmarked.. Thanks :)
You are certainly welcome. I use it whenever I am setting up a "sked" with another ham and also when I am selecting SWL broadcasts to tune into. VOCAP is a very good prediction tool among its other uses. Cheers! Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.