Radio 10-33

Status
Not open for further replies.

deskjockeyone

With the ending of John Moe's SDR website, I have been checking the link to Radio 10-33 website. There is little if no information on what Radio 10-33 plans are. If there is a fee to subscribe, what is it? What other services does Radio 10-33 offer?

SCPD

QRT
With the ending of John Moe's SDR website, I have been checking the link to Radio 10-33 website. There is little if no information on what Radio 10-33 plans are. If there is a fee to subscribe, what is it? What other services does Radio 10-33 offer?

When is it ending?. His site was fantastic for site monitoring and it sucks John's website is shutting down. It was the neatest website I have ever seen.

Last edited:

AAFC

expensive for only metro fire mains, st.cloud fire main, and Duluth fire main no tacs. i was quoted $20.00 a month.

I was also quoted $20 per month for the few talk groups that I am interested in..... which is the discount rate after mentioning John Moe. I am considering it but it's kinda hard to justify since I already own a scanner that gets those talk groups for free. Being able to listen on my cell phone is a convenience but I really like being able to go back and re-listen to radio transmissions in case I miss something, which I can NOT do with my current scanner. Is that ability worth $20 per month? Not sure.... It will probably become more valuable to me once John Moe's site is actually gone. (in a few days of this posting)

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
If $20 a month included everything that's currently available on John's site, I'd probably go for it, but there's no way I'm paying $20 a month to get just a few select talkgroups.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

kb0uxv

I wonder how far back the archive goes on a paid subscription? If I remember right the old site was 24 hours.

plmnwater

I'm guessing the cost, plus their complete lack of any information on their website and when you email them has turned most people off of trying them.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I e-mailed Jeff (the 10-33 guy) and we spoke by phone. So I can say he was responsive enough.

While I enjoyed listening to my Minneapolis hometown radio stuff via Johnmoe's site, I'm struggling to justify the $20 per month charge. It seems high when comparing it to $30 for RR/Broadcastify premium membership.

But I guess when you are the only one providing something, you get to charge what you wish, as long as you get enough customers.

plmnwater

I requested he send me information via email multiple times. A screen shot of the interface, more information. But he would not send me anything, just repeated requests to call him. I want something in writing, and I wanted to see what the system looked like before putting money down.

MPSMP

Was using it up until couple months ago for free via a friends account. It often dropped off or went off line and when it came back online radio traffic was 15mins or longer behind. I also have tried to contact them about getting My own account and have heard nothing back. Even if I did I would still have to think hard about paying for a service that drops off often.

Grubber197162

From what i understand the original owner sold to a company they are now tyler technologies or something like that?

I just sent an email last nighy about pricing i did ask for a bunch of just dispatch channels

Status
Not open for further replies.