Radio 1seg and TV sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
It depends on where you live. Only a few countries support 1seg. Also, 1seg it isn't a signal that is broadcast to be received thousands of miles away. It is for local use for a city area. If you live in a country that has 1seg, I would think there is a less expensive radio device that can receive 1seg, but I could be wrong.

valdyjr

Thank you. My country has a 1sec system but no digital radio. Will the RF-U180 radio tune in to TV because it has 1sec in my locality? Or will you not tune in because there is no digital radio in my area? Here's the dilemma ...

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
1seg is not digital radio. The RF-U180 specification says that it will cover 1seg UHF channels 13-52. If you have 1seg TV channels between 13-52 it may work. I just do not know as I do not have experience with this radio. There are two other things you need to consider, the power plug on the radio and the voltage it requires. You may need an adapter and or that radio may not work at all with the power system in your country. The RF-U180 does use batteries as well.

I have not used 1seg TV for quite some time. I previously did while living in Japan. I used a Sony PSP and a 1seg tuner that attached to the PSP. It worked very well for me. When driving around, the 1seg TV in my girlfriends car would sometimes cut out when we were in the city center of Tokyo with many buildings that blocked the signal. If you have a Sony PSP you can easily find the 1seg tuner at a lower price than the RF-U180. If you have a Nintendo DS, there is also a 1seg tuner for that device as well.

valdyjr

1seg is not digital radio. The RF-U180 specification says that it will cover 1seg UHF channels 13-52. If you have 1seg TV channels between 13-52 it may work. I just do not know as I do not have experience with this radio. There are two other things you need to consider, the power plug on the radio and the voltage it requires. You may need an adapter and or that radio may not work at all with the power system in your country. The RF-U180 does use batteries as well.

I have not used 1seg TV for quite some time. I previously did while living in Japan. I used a Sony PSP and a 1seg tuner that attached to the PSP. It worked very well for me. When driving around, the 1seg TV in my girlfriends car would sometimes cut out when we were in the city center of Tokyo with many buildings that blocked the signal. If you have a Sony PSP you can easily find the 1seg tuner at a lower price than the RF-U180. If you have a Nintendo DS, there is also a 1seg tuner for that device as well.

Perfect explanation! Now it's understood! I won't bet. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.