• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Radio Asset Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

salarazad

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a solution to track our MotoTRBO radios, batteries and repeaters, where we can search with their serial numbers and check their warranty and expiry dates and other information about each product.

I've found online this application called 'Motorola Radio Asset Management', anyone have experience with this solution? if its good or not and what would be its price roughly speaking?

If there is any better solution, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for help in advance!

Firebuff880

salarazad

Spreadsheet to start and then a self created database program will do
We have an excel sheet with all information, but we are looking for a way to check the radio items warranty dates? to know if they accept software updates and hardware repair.

salarazad

The solutions are Radio Manager and Battery (Fleet) Manager -- Best run on separate VMs.

From the Radio Management tool can we know the radios manufacture date and their warranty expiry date?

And with Impres battery Fleet management tool, it only reads Impres batteries, can standard batteries be checked as well?

hockeyref2

From the Radio Management tool can we know the radios manufacture date and their warranty expiry date?

And with Impres battery Fleet management tool, it only reads Impres batteries, can standard batteries be checked as well?

I use Radio Management, and put the warranty expiration date into the comments field for each radio. From a tracking/programming radios standpoint, its great. I use IMPRES batteries but don't bother tracking them.

salarazad

I use Radio Management, and put the warranty expiration date into the comments field for each radio. From a tracking/programming radios standpoint, its great. I use IMPRES batteries but don't bother tracking them.
can you search by a serial number and get a result of the radio items including manufacture and expiry date, or you have to enter them manually into the comment sections?

can other items be tracked as well, like batteries and repeaters?

hockeyref2

I have to manually enter it into the comments. But you can search/sort by S/N. It has repeaters in it. I don't think it does batteries...
RM is a lot of work to get running... but once its running its awesome if you have more than a few radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.