• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Radio Check?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8emr

This thread is 'bout like CB radio, eh?

Kind of silly and not important. ;)

Where else are you going to talk about how 150% makes your radio sound better, How echo makes your signal go further. Or my favorite, How much profanity can you get in a 250 mile trip

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"comin loud and clear... the chicken coups are wide open"

Uh huh, a chicken coup explains why hams have declared war in defense of our 10 and 12 meter bands. Maybe you wouldn't have a problem if you stay in the chicken coop?
Breaker breaker, the battle cry of a stud in a room full of virgins.

ObiHann

"comin loud and clear... the chicken coups are wide open"

Uh huh, a chicken coup explains why hams have declared war in defense of our 10 and 12 meter bands. Maybe you wouldn't have a problem if you stay in the chicken coop?
Breaker breaker, the battle cry of a stud in a room full of virgins.

CB is 11m band isn't it? And what would staying in the coop ? wait.... coop... coup... AHAHAHAHAHA

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
"Call me the Fuzzbuster, and I'm northbound in the plain white wrapper. You got a local yokel back at the 170 takin' pictures under the overpass and a full-grown DOT out with a big-rig customer at the 185." :D

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
Translation:
Plain white wrapper - unmarked white police vehicle, or any white Impala, Crown Victoria, or Caprice with any NMO-mounted antennas on it
Lokel yokel - Small town or city cop
Taking pictures - Using radar or laser for speed enforcement
Full-grown DOT - State police commercial vehicle enforcement unit
Customer - poor chump who got pulled over

Now let me see if I can find my copy of Jason's Authentic Dictionary of CB Slang.. :lol:

kb2vxa

Banned
Well ZZ , four letter prefixes were issued right at the end before licensing requirements were dropped in the mid 70s and 11M went all to hell so it looks like you have been around that block a few times too. BTW, have you been found stumbling through the parking lot of any invisible 7-11s mumbling breaker breaker lately? (;->)

KMA1004 the Black Crack from Hackensack be on the side.

zzdiesel

To tell you the truth; I don't remember the last time I heard a CB talking. CB was still good here in my area in SE Missouri till about 1992, and then the Drunks & Dope Heads took it over. It was no longer fit to have in a home with kids. I sold out and then got into C-Band Satellites. At least I could lockout the adult channels on it.

kb2vxa

Banned
Funny you should mention that, it got so bad even they couldn't stand each other and the band has been dead here ever since. Everywhere I looked it was a forest of antennas, all gone now every one. About all it's good for is a "beacon band", when I hear something besides a couple of the old die hard power pushers up north using half a kilowatt to cuss at each other across town I know 10M is open for business.

"It was no longer fit."
There, fixed it for ya!

zzdiesel

It's the same here now. Our town stood-by on Ch 14. One of the regulars told me a few years back that it is now deader than a hammer. He said what was left are now using Ch 19

zzdiesel

I'm sure there are still smaller towns & communities that were lucky enough not to get their CB worlds invaded by a bunch of *******s, drunks and dopeheads, and still do a little ratchet jawing. There is a town east of me that a bunch of the CBers started standing by on one channel below channel 1 or 26.955. I think they still get on at times. it would be rough for me to get back into now. I bought a house that's about 150 yards from the local cablevision tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.