Kenwood: Radio Dan-1 amplifier buffer for TS-2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1508J

Greetings!

Need advice on how to key my Henry 2002 amp using a buffer between the Kenwood
TS-2000.

I notice that Radio Dan has a multitude of amp buffers but am unsure which one to buy.
I see only one buffer on ebay of many buffers that has the 7 pin connector cable that I am sure will connect on the REMOTE connector of the TS-2000, but I don't see the hookup from the buffer to the amp. The Henry 2002 uses a 15 volt relay keying circuit with its output going to a RCA connector. According to Kenwood the 15 volts would destroy the keying circuit used on pins 4&7 of the REMOTE connector of the TS 2000.

Any suggestions regarding my need appreciated.

prcguy

You can use a simple 12V SPST relay that cost just a few $$. Connect one side of the relay coil to 12V and the other side to the keying pin on the TS-2000 remote connector. Connect one of the relay contacts to the grounded side of an RCA connector and the other contact to the center pin of the RCA to key the amp.

In this case your radio will only be powering a tiny relay with probably less than 100ma of current and the relay contacts will key anything including some older amps with 200V on the key line.
prcguy

Greetings!

Need advice on how to key my Henry 2002 amp using a buffer between the Kenwood
TS-2000.

I notice that Radio Dan has a multitude of amp buffers but am unsure which one to buy.
I see only one buffer on ebay of many buffers that has the 7 pin connector cable that I am sure will connect on the REMOTE connector of the TS-2000, but I don't see the hookup from the buffer to the amp. The Henry 2002 uses a 15 volt relay keying circuit with its output going to a RCA connector. According to Kenwood the 15 volts would destroy the keying circuit used on pins 4&7 of the REMOTE connector of the TS 2000.

Any suggestions regarding my need appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.