• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Radio error under proGrammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlin

OK, got another box of M-RK radios and trying to read from them. Seems the radios were programmed with a newer version and that is where it all ends.
Thought I had the latest version, files being 'R17A05.
Anyone know where I can get my hands on newer updates ? or just getting this to work ?
Note, not asking for software, I have that, just trying to read the new radios.

merlin

Note: someone suggested I need the RIB but looking at the schematics, connections are much straight through to the com 1 port.
Allbeit, this is a different computer, same software and setup that worked before.Just puzzling.
Difference is new radios ar 800 Mhz. They do wake in PC program mode.

merlin

OK, after farting with this setup for 4 hours, I finally got it to work on all the M-RKs, now for something practical with them.

Syncopations

Hears voices in my head.
Premium Subscriber
I believe ProGrammer ended with version R20. After that, starts the RPM series of software.

merlin

I believe ProGrammer ended with version R20. After that, starts the RPM series of software.
I believe so also. I recall this is ProGrammer V. 18. It works with all my M-RK radios, but sheesh deciphering the hex files created. Found channel names with a hex editor but I need frequencies to go with it. One of my 450 radios has only one RX channel and would be cool if I could set a TX and a couple extra channels. This utility makes Baofeng and Icom like kindergarten stuff.

merlin

Don't really know that I need RPM. I might when my Jaguar700P cable comes in. This has my radio on the list.
Help says it will work on a channel by channel basis, but no such animal found. The radio shows 'PC PROG' 'APP CMD' and that is all.
I can get RPM for $150 if I really need it.

merlin

OK, some reverse engineering this problem is solved. Mainly unknown/undocumented steps to follow and very picky.

Status
Not open for further replies.