Radio Feed & Proscan - streaming audio issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg4pbd

I've used both Proscan and Radiofeed for years, and I'm sure the problem I'm having now is on my end, but I'm stuck. After a hard drive crash I had to reinstall Windows 10 and all my applications on a new HD. When I went to start up Radio feed I did what I thought I had done before. It's a private stream using no-ip for the address. My ports are open, and I can open up the page on another browser. But every time I click on the audio I get "this type of audio isn't supported". This is the media player using a browser in Windows 10.

Can anyone point me to a resolution?

Thanks,

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I've used both Proscan and Radiofeed for years, and I'm sure the problem I'm having now is on my end, but I'm stuck. After a hard drive crash I had to reinstall Windows 10 and all my applications on a new HD. When I went to start up Radio feed I did what I thought I had done before. It's a private stream using no-ip for the address. My ports are open, and I can open up the page on another browser. But every time I click on the audio I get "this type of audio isn't supported". This is the media player using a browser in Windows 10.

Can anyone point me to a resolution?

Thanks,

What do you have in the Stream Name box? Try using the default "stream"

kg4pbd

What do you have in the Stream Name box? Try using the default "stream"
That works! I can open it up in browser and the audio works fine. I’m still having an issue trying to use an app (action scanner). I can’t connect using an app.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
That works! I can open it up in browser and the audio works fine. I’m still having an issue trying to use an app (action scanner). I can’t connect using an app.
Check and double check the URL in the app. If you're using the default Stream Name of "stream" then the URL should be like this. Substitute your server IP address.

kg4pbd

That was it! I had added radio identifiers to the stream name before. Problem solved. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.