Radio Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhill23977

Hello,

Need some help! Can you transmit on the same receive frequency? (Sorry I'm new to this). If not how do you determine the tx when you have the rx?

thanks

nd5y

Yes, most radios can transmit and receive on the same frequency but not at the same time.

What type of radio do you have and what are you trying to do?
You are not providing enough information for anybody to help you.

jim202

Hello,

Need some help! Can you transmit on the same receive frequency? (Sorry I'm new to this). If not how do you determine the tx when you have the rx?

thanks

As "rhill" was asking for more information, it sure would help us help you if we had more information to work with.

First of all, just what are you trying to accomplish?

What frequency is this on? Is this a public safety frequency, GMRS, FRS, railroad or ham frequency?

Are you authorized to operate a transmitter on this frequency?

If you don't have the exact frequency and location, do you have the call sign of the station your listening to?

Is this signal strong or weak?

Providing the above information will let others on here at least try to provide some help.

QDP2012

Info in the Wiki

Hello,

thanks

The RR Wiki has a lot of good information. You might want to start by navigating to the RR Wiki Home Page and look at the links in the blue-ish box in the upper-right section, marked "Links for Newcomers".

Also, you might find some useful info in the Offset article.

Hope this helps,

Status
Not open for further replies.