Radio hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttavis

How would one find a nearby radio transmitter or objects emitting radio waves?

Thank you.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Look up "ham radio fox hunt". Basicaly you need to know the frequency and then use a directional antenna and a receiver with a signal strength meter.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Consider the use of a portable frequency counter such as those made by Optoelectronics or MFJ or others, together with the aforementioned directional antenna. Just be aware that these are relatively near-field devices that must operate within a close proximity of the transmitter to ensure an accurate reading, especially when searching for a low-power device.

ttavis

Thank you for the responses, I'll consider investing in scanner equipment. The directional antenna sounds interesting. I current have two transceivers, NooElec NeSDR (300hz to 2.3ghz) and a NooElec HackRF (1mhz to 6ghz).

Here is my predicament. I apologize if this is out the realm of this discussion board or rules, but I'm not sure where else to turn. I'm a complete novice in radio and need guidance. I appreciate all support. I thank the forum owners for having this excellent site and the moderators for accepting my post.

I am being harassed via radio waves by a neighbor of mine that lives above me in an apartment complex. They are playing sounds as well as talking to me in all of my electronics; fans, computer, air conditioner, heater, etc. I have absolutely no idea what frequencies these electronics are at, hence my question. I need to be able to find these frequencies and record the harassment in order to stop this person. Finding their transceiver would also be ideal, but all I need is to get at least one of my electronic frequencies to showcase others I'm not insane.

Another fascinating realization that I had no idea existed is that the human brain actually has a FM transceiver in it. They are able to directly talk to me (like the Shining) without anyone else hearing what is being said. This instantly makes me look like a schizophrenic. I apologies to those who have this illness, but that what I've being told by others when trying to explain what is happening to me. I know it is real as this person has revealed through numerous occasions to others events or knowledge only they and I know.

To make this even more elaborate, the person is also able to read my thoughts (It's literally like the Shining.) After analyzing this and how one would be able to do this, I've come up with a theory. When the human brain thinks of a thought, it emits radio waves at a frequency unique to the person, such as a fingerprint. Interpreting these thoughts is impossible by default. In order to do so, one would record both speech and the radio waves being emitted from the person. After parsing the speech through speech recognition software, they would able to decode and build a dictionary of how the radio wave appears and the word associated with it. Artificial Intelligence would also come in to play here and be able to "best guess" words that aren't in the dictionary with an unrecognized wave or to decode sounds a person makes with their inner-voice. The dictionary could also be more elaborate and match vowels and consonants instead of words. It is remarkably fascinating and also quite terrifying.

My main question here is how I can get the frequencies of my nearby electronics and record the sounds and speech they are emitting and also I'm curious what the human brain radio frequency range is.

Thank you for your time and assistance. Have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.