Radio ID Disappears.

Jphila20

Retired LE. Honor our Fallen.
Premium Subscriber
I follow some Units by Radio ID on the Ohio MARCS system in Cuyahoga County. The radio may be DEA or ATF. I use Unitrunker and I heard someone mention something about switching to a different channel and then the radio ID went off-line. Even an encrypted radio will still show up on all of the systems. I know some of the departments in Cuyahoga County have dual band radios and I have checked the other trunking systems for this radio ID.

No luck.

I know Cleveland, Parma and MARCS radios cross over and I have followed radio ID's before. Generally they take a few minutes and they appear on the other system.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thoughts.

John

a417

tourist here, but if they switch to a local tactical/talkaround (common frequency between the radios), they won't affiliate on any system.

wmlovell

Premium Subscriber
Radios can be programmed with different RIDs for different systems. Maybe this is the case here?

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Radios can be programmed with different RIDs for different systems. Maybe this is the case here?

Probably not. Ohio has a statewide radio ID plan used by everybody, no matter which system they're on. The only outlier appears to be Lucas County.

This was done intentionally to make it easier to keep track of radios.

rcid1971

Premium Subscriber
Probably not. Ohio has a statewide radio ID plan used by everybody, no matter which system they're on. The only outlier appears to be Lucas County.

This was done intentionally to make it easier to keep track of radios.

True, that was my first thought as well, but the Cleveland simplex P25 IDs seem to match the federal system. ie FBI at 312xxxx, yet on MARCS 94xxxxx

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
If the subscriber is deregistering and you're not seeing a registration on a different trunked system in the area, then they have gone to an off-network channel. Conventional repeater, simplex, etc. Pretty common behavior, see it all the time.