Radio ID naming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NS9710

I have a Uniden SDS100, is there really any benefit or advantage to using Radio ID naming on Trunking systems, or is that difficult due to the amount of users?

Looking to do the following systems:
STARS
Petersburg City
Richmond/Henrico/Chesterfield/Colonial Heights

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
I have a Uniden SDS100, is there really any benefit or advantage to using Radio ID naming on Trunking systems, or is that difficult due to the amount of users?

Looking to do the following systems:
STARS
Petersburg City
Richmond/Henrico/Chesterfield/Colonial Heights
Some, mostly Fire and Dispatcher ID’s. PD is hard to gauge, I’ve tried VSP and it can be a little challenging because troopers could change cars for a day. Same way with Conservation Police when they were in the clear.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I've found over the years that Fire and EMS apparatus pretty much remain the same. For PD (and Fire/EMS) I'll name them with an over the air heard ID...and if I hear a different ID over the air, I'll just use P1 or M1 for portables and mobiles but will tag the agency. I can usually figure out what portables are on a specific fire apparatus for example, or if issued to a specific officer, etc. It's actually one of the things I enjoy about scanning, especially when new systems come online.

Status
Not open for further replies.